Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 german M35

Article about: by DougB Stefan, If you can discuss an item in its historical context you may be able to show your friends the student of history in you. My sons aged 21 to 15 now, have always brought their

?

Default Re: WW2 german M35

Well said Doug, all too often youngsters now have no interest in anything except texting or playing playstation, I was glad that my niece came to me and said that she was doing a School report on the WW2, she wanted to research the whole period 1939-45 and also the Nurenburg trials, she borrowed some of my reference books and wrote a 200 page essay, when it was marked she had numerous crosses through her paragraphs about certain events and was marked down for it, when she told me i was gobsmacked because i had read her essay and it was very well done and accurate, she borrowed my books again and shoved them under her teachers nose and outlined all the areas that had been marked as inaccurate, one of which was that her teacher had said that Himmler had been hanged after the trials, she made mincemeat out of him and proved every point in her essay and had to be remarked by her headteacher, needless to say the other teacher was reassigned from world history to maths, and hopefully he doesnt get that subject wrong as well

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 german M35
    P
    Many

?

Good for her. Himmler was hanged, eh.....this is a history teacher? Perhaps Hitler fled to Argentina as well....

?

OH i doubt that Doug , i saw him last week in Sainsburys getting some apple strudel, his missus was pushing the trolley with an mg34 attached and the trolley wheels had little tracks on them , it was so sweet

H.H. would be pushing 110 by now, eh ? (I just checked: Oct 7 1900 - May 23 1945 )

I do enjoy the enthusiasm over the helmets guys, but with a little patience
    you can get something a lot better. Just keep saving your money.
    ( It's hard for us middle-age working-class guys too ! )

If you really want a 'relic' shell, a better one may cost only a little more
    but will not be crumbling to pieces or repainted. Also, a size '60'
    is very small.............

Here is a rusty 'Q62' I got a while ago. It is really quite solid and strong,
    with some areas of faded original paint. It cost me $100 + postage:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 german M35  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Alan and Stefan my hat is off to you two young collectors. Work hard, have a great attitude and you will be successful in life. Too many people these days (kids and adults) have their hands out wanting others to do the work for them. Hopefully your work ethic and values will allow you to one day reap financial rewards and then you can buy any helmet you want.
    Keep it up.

Doug
    Thanks Doug!!

It can be hard collecting at times, raising the money and time along side my other hobby ( aquariums) to go out and buy something! The best part of collecting i find is knowing that i payed for it myself, when i see some of my other friends grobbling to their parents for their every need and want.

The only negative ive had with collecting so far is that everyone in my class thinks im a nazi, but if they choose to be ignorant and think that someone is a nazi due to their collection than so be it! I dont give a flying f***, but i would give up my collecting for the world

All the Best and thanks,
    Stefan

?

Stefan,

I would recommend that starting out you "soften" your collection with perhaps a WW2 Canadian helmet or beret, some British and or American insignia in a Riker mount, display some period photo or at least some reprints of photos by the items beside the collectibles as well as some history books. Then you look less "nazi" and more "student of history" until your friends are older and more mature about the subject of historical artifact collecting.

Cheers, good luck

Doug

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Stefan,

I would recommend that starting out you "soften" your collection with perhaps a WW2 Canadian helmet or beret, some British and or American insignia in a Riker mount, display some period photo or at least some reprints of photos by the items beside the collectibles as well as some history books. Then you look less "nazi" and more "student of history" until your friends are older and more mature about the subject of historical artifact collecting.

Cheers, good luck

Doug
    Its a fair idea Doug, but i think the damage has been done. It is partly my fault looking at a militaria dealers online and a swatzika always gets a weird stare, so news spread pretty quickly despite my efforts to stop it from spreading! What can you do. But canadian stuff isnt completely out of the question as i see plenty of that stuff around here, its German stuff that intrigues me the most, i only hope my friends realize when they grow up they were wrong about me!

all the best,
    Stefan

?

Hi General Patton,
    The helmet in your link is one I was trying to sell on Ebay. When I got it, I thought it had a strange patina and wondered what happened to it. So I posted it on this forum for some comments. See (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...appened-53377/). I cleaned it up a bit and tried to remove some of the bumps as suggested and then decided to paint it with a textured finish to make it look more acceptable. Anyway, it is a good solid ET60. I assume it is somewhat rare since only 10% of these were made, but not real popular with re-enactors unless they have extremely small heads. Anyway, it sold for $75 bucks....which was a loss on my end. But am happy that someone will enjoy it. The fun part of helmet collecting for me is in the pursuit....sort of like women. Pablo

?

Stefan, If you can discuss an item in its historical context you may be able to show your friends the student of history in you. My sons aged 21 to 15 now, have always brought their friends over who think its super cool, and I have brought much of my collection to schools to discuss WW1 and WW2 history using the real artifacts. Its always a big hit, never had the "nazi" label but I always tell the school that deactivated firearms and items with a swastika are going to be in the class room, so I dont get a visit from the local SWAT team or an angry parent calling. Its always gone well when in its historical context, which is why I collect anyway.

But if your goose stepping down the hallway and are sporting a funny moustache, then you might get some sideways stares....LOL

Anyway start looking at some Russian, British, Canadian and American stuff online in front of them, I know with kids too, perception is everything and its good to learn that side too.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    oh i doubt that doug , i saw him last week in sainsburys getting some apple strudel, his missus was pushing the trolley with an mg34 attached and the trolley wheels had little tracks on them , it was so sweet
    lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast