Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet

Article about: Hello Im looking at purchasing a ww2 camo helmet, before I buy it i would like to see what you think. Does it look real and what should I pay for it? thanks I owe you one! Curt

Default Re: ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet

I'd be interested at $250, the liner is worth nearly that

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by cat66 View Post
    hes asking 250 for it what do you thin would you pick it up at that price?
    I would ask for 100$.
    After that try to get that bad camo off.
    If you are able to ,your helmet will have a higher value and easier to resale.
    chris

?

What would you recommend trying to get the camo paint off with, also should I post another picture of the decal or is it cleary a reproduction?

?

Hello thanks for the info, what would you recommend using to get the camo paint of with? should I get a closer picture of the decal or is it clearly a reproduction?

Thanks
    Curt

If I had to choose, I'd leave this one where it is.. Bad paint and a more than likely bad eagle.

At $250, you should just put that aside for a nice SD or ND example. You're pretty much half way there! At the end of the day I think you will be happier, as there is no guarantee that you will find anything under that ba paint..

There are a heap of nice helmets more deserving of your hard earned cash than this one!

Josh

Just my opinion, but at that price I would be tempted to at least look further into it. The paint can be removed with some work and you can get a deal of a helmet if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. Get a straight shot of the decal as well as the lot number and maker and we can determine if the decal is good or not.

IMO if you are specifically looking to buy a camo helmet, I would leave this one and keep saving for one with less questionable paint colors, preferably from a reputable dealer. Yes, you could buy this one and try removing the paint, but you say yourself that you are looking to buy a camo helmet, so stick with that and keep saving. Now, if you are looking for a project down the road, or need a liner for another helmet of the same size, then this liner looks worth the $250 at least, if you need it, otherwise, stick with looking for a quality camo that doesn't need any work, one in "buy and display" condition. That's my two cents. Happy hunting!

oohh man thats bad

?

Thanks for the answers heres some more pics I took this afternoon, the liner has a name written in the rear of the band. The liner rivets are super they will not move at all. The size is NS66 with the rear rim having a casting number of 5614. I hope this helps the paint that is on it does not a a new paint smell either.

Thanks Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet   ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet  

ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet   ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet  

ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet   ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet  

?

Have you bought this helmet already, as it seems you are convincing yourself that its the real deal, real camo helmets go for very high prices, certainly more than this one. As a german helmet its real but with fake decals and fake camo so as an ordinary helmet its worth paying the price stated but you will need to restore it back to original condition

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast