Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet

Article about: Hello Im looking at purchasing a ww2 camo helmet, before I buy it i would like to see what you think. Does it look real and what should I pay for it? thanks I owe you one! Curt

?

Default Re: ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet

Hello thanks for all the information. i was told its a tropical camo helmet, Im looking at it from tidewater military in VA. Hes a dealer with a good reputation with a return policy. i looked at several webites they also have similar looking helmets.

have A good wekend
    Curt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Hello thanks for the information, this helmet is from tidewater military in VA. he has a return policy and a good reputation as a military collector. I have been on websites that have had similar tropical helmets, yes I agree at a much greater price.

have A good weekend Curt

Hi Curt, hope you are having a nice weekend,

I'm sure that Tidewater Military has a fine reputation and the return policy is certainly a comfort, although ANYONE can be fooled by a fake and people do make mistakes. I think in this case, Tidewater Military has made such a mistake.

There are helmets online that look similar, I'm sure, to the one that you posted, but that is the point of a forgery is it not? To look similar?

If you are specifically looking for an authentic, untouched camouflaged helmet, this is NOT the one that you should look at. The paint is bad and I am 95% sure that the decal is equally as bad.

If you are looking to strip this helmet, and are okay with ending up with a helmet that has been stripped, $250 isn't expensive..

I still say that you should put that $250 into a savings account and put it towards either an UNTOUCHED camouflage helmet or an UNTOUCHED single or no decal helmet. I feel that you will be happier in the long run, and your collection will be of a higher quality.

Best of luck with any decision you make,

Josh
    Last edited by Aus der Traum; 01-14-2012 at 08:40 AM.

?

Hello I made my mind up. I bought the the helmet because of the price, I cant fill my dodge truck up for under 100 bucks. I got the helmet to the house and the camo paint comes off with my finger nails. The finish below looks super great as soon as I get it cleaned up I will shoot some pics.

Thanks For Your Help
    Curt

Way to go Cat66

Can't wait to see what lies beneath.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4