Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 - M35 Wehrmacht Helmet - Real?

Article about: common guys , why this decal is a fake !!!! It's an old repro , all is bad in the features and a mixe between a BF (top) and a "ET style" eagle The listing would be too long to tel

Default Re: WW2 - M35 Wehrmacht Helmet - Real?

common guys , why this decal is a fake !!!!
    It's an old repro , all is bad in the features and a mixe between a BF (top) and a "ET style" eagle The listing would be too long to tell all the bad things (head, claws ,swas .....), the best is to compare with original ones
    BTW take great care because repro decals are of higher quality now

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 - M35 Wehrmacht Helmet - Real?
    P
    Many

You won't get an argument from me. It may possibly not be good. I think it looks ok from the pictures. I will say again that hands on inspection is the only way to be reasonably sure. I have plenty of original one's to compare it to so that won't help. A macro close up would help tremendously. And your right, they are getting better and better. This supports my argument that close inspection is really need to make any final judgement.

I can tell you no need hands on inspection for that one when you know the typical features you have to look for. Each decal has different ones depending the maker and period (the same for bad decals BTW)
    But you have your own opinion and I respect it , no problem .

I must say again as I'm often asked to tell why and why , I understand the frustration caused by a short answer but I still think don't tell too much to fakers . As I also used to have this kind of pro/against discussion in other forums in the past , I can tell you some of them were never ending stories , even after all the arguments needed and even with side by side comparisons between originals and fakes to point out the evidences !!
    I just would add sadly , because of this , a lot of high end collector friends don't want to participate to these discussions anymore

Opinion was asked ,I answered and IMHO I said enough for each one to make his own work now
    Now if someone want to know more about this decal , he can post it on Walhalla or WA and you'll surely have some valuable opinions then

I stand with Francis.

So many non-believers. That decal is a known and bad copy. Even with these poor pictures this is clear.

Why is the decal fake some ask ? Simple , because it doesn't conform to the graphics of an original. Even without knowing the maker of the helmet (a question that was not asked ?) it's clear.
    It's no-one's task nor duty to elaborate upon each and every opinion posted on a forum especially not when asked in an unkindly manner.

The serious student will take it upon himself to find out why the decal is deemed fake.
    I can say that that there are helmet collectors that can pick out 99% of the fakes from a good photo.

After looking more carefully at this decal I must agree It is bad. 2 giveaways are the extra thick neck and the extra thick swastika. Neither features are on known good ones. Not to worry about giving fakers info. The talented ones probably know as much as we do. They could make them perfect if they want. I've seen some amazing copies that have just one flaw. I think this is intentional. If there was a perfect fake, how would anyone know? Maybe there already is one out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2