Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 M40 w/painted Swastikas

Article about: I recently picked up this helmet, that I believe is an original WW2 M40 Helmet. The Swastikas on both sides appears to be original war time painted. The manufacturer appears to be EF 6? It a

?

Default WW2 M40 w/painted Swastikas

I recently picked up this helmet, that I believe is an original WW2 M40 Helmet. The Swastikas on both sides appears to be original war time painted. The manufacturer appears to be EF 6? It also appears a left side decal was removed. The liner appears to be original.

I was researching the forum and found another similar thread, “M42 Helmet possible Volksturm” on 8-28-2010.
    Mine is very similar to Jim G’s.
    This helmet was given to an acquaintance, who received it from a Chaplin, who was in WW2 and brought it back from Europe. I don’t know where. But I was hoping to get some insight, if all of the helmet , Swastikas seem original, and the meaning of The Swastikas, Volksturm, Foreign Volunteers, which country etc. any thoughts would be welcome.

WW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted SwastikasWW2 M40  w/painted Swastikas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 M40  w/painted Swastikas  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 M40  w/painted Swastikas
    P
    Many

Wow what a tiny little helmet. I’m thinking a size 60!? It’s so tiny it makes the vents look big I love it. I can also see the remains of the decal on the left side and it doesn’t appear to have been dug out. What paint remains looks good but not sure about the Swastikas. Liner may have been out too.

Others with much more experience will be along soon to comment.

Treasure it if you found it yourself for what it is.
    I do not think a volksturm soldier would paint Obvious signs on his helmet like that.
    Anything painted is up for speculation. Vet art or other purpose , it could be forever lost in history.

?

I found a similar helmet on a dealers website.

as others have stated, Most likely just the vet trying to spice up his war trophy.

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 M40  w/painted Swastikas   WW2 M40  w/painted Swastikas  

?

Thanks! Yes, it is what it is.
    I’ve also found a Fireman helmet similar.

WW2 M40  w/painted Swastikas

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Thanks! Yes, it is what it is.
    I’ve also found a Fireman helmet similar.

WW2 M40  w/painted Swastikas
    Early fireschutz helmets have a tilted swastika with a tricolor but these are decals ,not painted.