Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?

Article about: Greetings first posting to this site. I was wondering if anyone would know what the price is if it was out on the market for sale. He fought with the 263rd INf. And the decal it looks like a

?

Default Re: WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    Hi, i dont want to sound like im having a go at it but i dont see from your pics any wear to paint on top ,edges or round the outer liner pins ,it may be the pics, rgds Dave
    As Dave says and again without wanting to be negative this Helmet appears to have no wear at all yet is claiming to be a combat Helmet with a thick camo finish , even regimental commanders fought combat actions and their combat helmets wouldn't be in a totally undamaged condition.

Do you have any further provenance that proves that the Helmet belonged to this Oberst Ricker from 263 ID ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

i am a complete layman when it comes to teling real from fake
    or values of german helmets
    but this one bothers even me
    it has no wear or damge that can be seen
    except (convenient mabe ) right on top of a decal
    my personal view is
    its to good to be true
    cheers ian

Smile Re: WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?

I just dont understand what Kind of wear you are looking for. This helmet has never bin out on the market. It's bin in a box ever since the 40's. It's just something you have to hold and smell if you know what I mean. There is wear on top of the helmet where it'd smoothed out . There are scratches and all of that stuff. The helmet is just in great condition. The botton edge of the rolled part of the helmet it's all smothed out bare to metal. with the decal I dont know, it could be a personal touch, why did he put his inishals inside of the dome?, im not talking about the painted ones, im talking about the silver O. R inside of the helmet dome. You just cant see with the pictures. I ready do respect people's thoughts and opinions and that's why I listed it on here. And I do know you have seen a lot of shit helmets or fake stuff, But Im telling you this one is real. It does has it's wear and tear and stuff, I just cant express it through these pictures Come on over and look at it,

Anyways, with the proof I can show that it is belonging to the 263 rd and all real, I was just wanting to know the value you of it. Thank you guys
    \
    Cheers

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I am actually seeing very slight subtle wear to the edges of the helmet, best seen in post 9. Clearly it saw next to no field use.

At $200 you would be robbing yourself. I am loath to give estimates on "values" but that is far too low.

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

proof?
    ok lets look at that aney one can wright a name in a helmet
    i have done it in one of my fakes
    so what proof
    itl take a lot more than that
    no one can put a value on a helmet that may or may not be real
    hence all the questions
    and be prepaired for a heck of a lot more questions when you try to sel it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?  

oh and I forgot to ad, it's possible with the decal leaving a little there, maybe it was to show his rank. The colors are green, red, white, god who knows you know what I mean. Why do people in modern war alter there helmets??..why didnt he leave the eagle exsposed to make this helmet extra cool? im telling oyu this is all original....

just a little tod bit I forgot to ad in with someones decal commit.

Parts of the National Colours tricolour decal may have been exposed deliberatly. It was not unknown for people to "dig out" decals in the past to expose them. Now no serious colector would do this, but years ago many did this. To me this one looks dug out.

Cheers, Ade.

Here are the last I can take. I tried to show the wear of it. My camera is not the best but you just have to hold it yourself and you can see. And I threw in the gask mask becuase that was all in the same box and I would not know if they would carry these so im not claiming nothing on that becuase I dont know. Well if anyone could throw me a price of what it's worth let me know please I would like to know thanks guys~!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?   WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?  

WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?   WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?  

WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?   WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?  

ian
    ?

it realy is a beutifull helmet
    and i think thats why its questioned
    i do hope it turns out to be what you say it is
    and that gas mask and tin are allso in amazing condition
    good luck with the sale
    cheers to you ian

Nice original wear. Now people will see easier what I saw earlier. You can even see where the helmet once brushed again something painted yellow.

Have a look here, this will give you a feel for prices:

The Collector's Guild

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast