MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German double decal helmet help?

Article about: Hello, I'm new to collecting WWII memorabilia and I'm interested in a helmet it looks like it might be fake but I wouldn't know it just looks to be to good to be true this is what is said in

WW2Col
    ?

Question WWII German double decal helmet help?

Hello, I'm new to collecting WWII memorabilia and I'm interested in a helmet it looks like it might be fake but I wouldn't know it just looks to be to good to be true this is what is said in the description,

Up for auction is an Original German Double Decal Army helmet. This one is from early in the war and has both decals. It is marked VORSCHRIFTSMASSIG and LT. Gesetz 3.5.34 with an early aluminum mohawk top. This was a US veteran aquired pick up this summer. Both decals are intact and in good+ condition, (please see all photos). The liner is complete with a little sweat stain in front leather liner (usual wear) inside marked 57 The chinstrap is fully intact and this item is just fantastic!!, I was told that this was either a marching Helmet, or Possibly from a Fireraid Unit. If your looking at this you probably know more than I do about item. See pictures included. This is a no-reserve auction with a low buy it now and starting bid. Please ask questions as this will be a final sale.

I've included some picture attachments.

Thanks,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German double decal helmet help?   WWII German double decal helmet help?  

WWII German double decal helmet help?   WWII German double decal helmet help?  

Attached Images Attached Images WWII German double decal helmet help?  WWII German double decal helmet help?  WWII German double decal helmet help?  WWII German double decal helmet help?  WWII German double decal helmet help? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: WWII German double decal helmet help?

It is a firefighter's helmet- It is only missing the neck guard apron.

WW2Col
    ?

So it's real? It looks to be in really good condition decals and all, if it is how much do you think it is worth price wise?

Yes, it is all original. I would say a good price would be around 300 dollars in this condition. Some people would pay less, others more. Pricing is very subjective. Just depends on what you collect.

Indeed a fireman's helmet , not a combat helmet.

?

It looks exactly like mine.......i paid 275, mine is a water fire fighters parade helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German double decal helmet help?   WWII German double decal helmet help?  

WWII German double decal helmet help?   WWII German double decal helmet help?  

?

yours seems to be in better nick than mine though mate...nice find