Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII German Helmet Authentic?

Article about: Does any one know if this is a 100% authenitc german wwii helmet? Also does anyone know what kind of helmet this is? Thank-You

?

Default WWII German Helmet Authentic?

Does any one know if this is a 100% authenitc german wwii helmet? Also does anyone know what kind of helmet this is?
    Thank-You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Helmet Authentic?   WWII German Helmet Authentic?  

WWII German Helmet Authentic?   WWII German Helmet Authentic?  

WWII German Helmet Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Helmet Authentic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Helmet Authentic?

I'm no expert, but that looks post war to me. Possibly fire service or something along those lines.

Lee

?

yes is authentic . 1933 model fireman.the helmet is not from steel.

?

looks to be a fiber parade helmet check the link

German-Helmets.com

Guys,

Post war East German Fibre Firemans helmet Note the leather tabs to attach the neck gaurd.

Regards

Jock

?

I think that is a good period Fibre made helmet, but I can't give you more info, due of the cilvil and that kind of helmets is not my area of collecting. Even I think that kind of helmets was used by Heer and SS, in that case they will be painted in aplle green and with attached decals
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Guys

I have had a few of these from an East German source, that is what they are you can see the tab that connects the leather neck and shoulder gaurd, I dissagree that they are parade helmets, when you have one in the hand they are not that much lighter than a normal helmet.

Regards

Jock

Jock is 100% correct, post war East German, very similar to the WWII fiber helmet but NOT one. The WWII fiber helmet liner was marked "EREL Fiber Helm" in a silver diamond in the leather on either side on the liner over the wearer's ears, the front brow of the leather had 5 rows of holes, and the chinstraps were single. Recently quite a few post war East German helmets have shown up on ebay - most have the "y" chinstraps like this one, and none are decaled. I would guess that the post war East German fiber helmets go for about $75 on ebay, although I haven't checked at the end of an auction. Some WWII fiber helmets were exported to Argentina, although I think some post war fiber helmets were sent to Argentina as well so one must be careful if the piece has Argentinian insignia. I have seen pictures of a WWII double decal heer fiber helm made by Erel with all of the proper characteristics, but the writing on the decal on the inside dome of the helmet was in Spanish! The seller hypothesized that the piece was made for an officer in the Blue Division if my memory serves. I would have loved to have been able to pick that one up! Anyway, I agree with Jock on this one. Jim G.

There is a seller in England, the site is Urlic of England I think, that has a picture of an Erel Luftwaffe fiber helmet that will show the differences between a WWII vintage fiber parade helmet and a post war East German fiber fireman;s helmet pretty well. Jim G.

Guys,

I knew I still had one of these somewhere. I bought a load for fancy dress. There were two colours the other being grey metalic paint which I have seen on Auer Gas mask cans from the DDR. I might still find the others.

Note the maker is Lubstien of Berlin (on liner last photo). Hope this helps.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Helmet Authentic?   WWII German Helmet Authentic?  

WWII German Helmet Authentic?   WWII German Helmet Authentic?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast