Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII german helmet prices?

Article about: hello i am a fairly young collector looking to buy a REAL german helmet for around 400-500\\$. what kind of helmet can i get for that price? any tips?

Default WWII german helmet prices?

hello i am a fairly young collector looking to buy a REAL german helmet for around 400-500$. what kind of helmet can i get for that price? any tips?
    Last edited by PeterValadez; 12-10-2009 at 05:21 AM. Reason: gfd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII german helmet prices?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII german helmet prices?

Quote by PeterValadez View Post
    hello i am a fairly young collector looking to buy a REAL german helmet for around 400-500$. what kind of helmet can i get for that price? any tips?
    Here's a rough guide from "Warman's World War II Collectibles"

You should get this book and it's very cheap
    Militaria - Krause Publications Bookstore

René

?

Real German helmet in around of that price will be no helmet without decals, after 1942 year made in it's standard factory paint. Or some kind battlefield or attic found helmet with damaged decals/paint/liner. More cheap is Luftwaffe helmets.
    Try to find them in our for sale section, or in one of our sponsor's site ( banners on the forum)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Be careful on auction sites like ebay. Even those of us who have been collecting for decades can get burned on those sites, but from time to time some very good items become available. If you can get pictures of a helmet that you want to buy, and post them on this forum for comment, you may avoid getting ripped off. There are still buying opportunities out there, and a decent piece can be found in your price range, but remember the old saying, "if it is too good to be true..." The members of this forum are very knowledgeable, and are willing to help to evaluate helmets for originality and value. Good luck and good hunting, Jim G.

The classic German helmet M42 No decal whit Liner....Original 100%,whitout chinstrap 426$ In Italy.
    It's a great helmet for a young collector!

Quote by Trommel44 View Post
    The classic German helmet M42 No decal whit Liner....Original 100%,whitout chinstrap 426$ In Italy.
    Absolutely. even here in america. This year alone i have purchased 2 m40's and 1 m42 wehrmacht lids with 90% decals for no more than $400 each.

Be patient and don't buy something that you will be unhappy with.

rgds, Ty

Quote by Trommel44 View Post

Hello,
    Hey....I think it is a great helmet for all collectors...
    it's my favourite in fact, and i'm 41...I do own 7 M42s, and love all of them....
    You can follow this advice Peter, M42s are top lids full of character...you need to find an untouched one...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

thanks. Are militaria shows cheaper to buy a helmet? also this question has been hunting me. What is the cheapest price for a camo helmet.

?

well the fairs i go to all appear to have a lot of dodgy helmets,like the others have said just wait until a nice one pops up on here or you may find a nice one on ebay but post pics first,oh and if you do find one on ebay and you post pics dont tell us all where it is as for camos dont run before you can walk,they are a minefield and not cheap if you find a good one,rgds Dave

its sound advice givin here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast