Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German NAVY steel helmet

Article about: I have a chance to buy this helmet, but I wanted to get opinions first! Thanks Annoyed from this ads?   Bill PS....I don't know why the pics are being posted sideways!! They are upright

Default WWII German NAVY steel helmet

I have a chance to buy this helmet, but I wanted to get opinions first! Thanks

Bill

PS....I don't know why the pics are being posted sideways!! They are upright on my computer. I don't know how to edit them with this websites uploader. Sorry.

WWII German NAVY steel helmetWWII German NAVY steel helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German NAVY steel helmet
    P
    Many

?

Much better pictures needed. Seems like an awfully large number of wire helmets in the picture.
    Regards,
    John

Unfortunately, that's all I have. If it needs more pics, I will pass on buying it. thanks

?

It has a chance, but the devil is in the details. Unless it is coming out of the collection of a well know wire helmet collector, so many together is somewhat suspicious.
    Regards,
    John

I understand. Unfortunately I don't have any other pics. Let's say it IS real...what is a good price for a navy helmet like this. He's asking $600..

If this was a KM it would be a good price.
    But this looks to me to be a Heer helmet.
    More pictures would be needed to make sure of the wire and if the decal is good.
    I would also ask pictures of the inside of the helmet.
    chris

?

If it were "real"....and "IF" being the operative word, the wire alone (if real) would command more than the asking price - be it KM or Heer. FWIW - in this day and age, if better pictures can't be supplied, there is usually a reason for it. If it's from a reputable source with a right of return, in other words very limited risk of losing your money, then it might be worth a chance. But other than that, I would walk.
    Regards,
    John

I have to agree with John-that is a Large number of wire helmets in one place. That, alone, would raise suspicions.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Bill, If these pics are the best you can do with due respect your wasting time asking for opinions. There are no discernible details to be seen. Based on what I've seen I'd avoid this seller as if he has Ebola.