Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes or No

Article about: The question is, is it real?

Default Re: Yes or No

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    No offence guys, but this is starting to become a bit like the other forum with monosyllabic answers. Please if you have "yes it's good" or "no it's bad" answer explain to the original poster why your giving the answer, otherwise he/she doesn't really learn.

Cheers,

Grant
    Grant, I couldn't have put it better, the whole reason for starting the thread was to show you all how good thing are getting, I've known Rex's work for a couple of years, and I've seen them up close, and unless you know, it is easy to say "bad" But what you need to know is WHY.

These helmets are being sold as repros, he is one of the best in the business, using original methods to apply, and in some cases original paint! Now you tell me.........What happens in a few years time?

As all you old soldiers know, camo is there to break up the shape, not look nice. Too many helmets look nice
    This helmet is the only one Rex has going at the moment, but you should see some of his others

I wasn't aware of any other threads, sorry, it was just a bit of much needed fun, which started to backfire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yes or No
    P
    Many

I'm glad he did mark it, but I for one would like to know all the "negative" pointers that would have given it away if it wasn't listed on ebay and just turned up un marked with a liner in it

Really interesting exercise JMB, I don't think it backfired, but I do think it highlighted the need just to not say "bad" or "good"

Cheers,

Grant

?

Grant / John,

My feelings mirror your own which is why i asked for proper and informative opinions , simple good/bad opinons are not what we want on these forums , people need to learn from informative posts and hopefully we can take the lead here !

As far as helmet collecting goes Rex is a very dangerous man

In 10 years time when someone has removed his repaint mark a lot of people are going to be out of pocket , unless they can learn what to look for,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul
    I agree with you 100% I knew it was wrong, so did a lot of others, but how many did not truly know? I bet there were a few saying "it looks ok to me"

Personally I do not like giving out too much information as to why things are wrong. It's not something you can teach someone with a few pointers. Fakers look at these forums too, and the less information they get the better.

Camo's were virtually unheard of in the early 70's................. now look how many there are.

I've got one camo, and believe me it is real! The price also reflects that, but why buy a real one for over £1000, and get some plonker who knows nothing to trash it, when you can go on e ban and get one that looks real, and you have no worries about someone pulling it apart. And then someone says "I think its real".....scarey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2