Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe

Article about: You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe

Default You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe

You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe   You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe  

You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe   You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe  

You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe   You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Default Re: You think about this helmet with decals of Luftwaffe

Can you get a better shot of the liner? It looks to me like an original double decal Luftwaffe M40 with a first pattern eagle. Why is the chinstrap absent from the helmet in most pictures and attached in others?

?

Im not sure about this one at all. Theres no wear to the liner, the tricolour has wear yet none to the helmet around it, the liner pin is a different colour and no scratches at all , the 1st pattern droop tail eagle looks ok apart from the eagles wing on the right as you look at it, the second flight feather down appears longer than the one above, if this is all ok then its in near mint condition and hardly been worn and stored in a completely environmentally friendly atmosphere for 70 odd yrs, i hope im wrong but i think there is something odd about this one, its possibly a real Q but a repaint?

It is a fake.
    First pattern luftwaffe decal should never be on a M40 only M35 and transitional helmets
    To many red flags for me.

?

You beat me to it Chris, i was just about to say something else, and got side tracked by the wife wanting a cuppa, something i also noticed was that the tricolour appears to be pointed at the bottom

Quote by davejb View Post
    You beat me to it Chris, i was just about to say something else, and got side tracked by the wife wanting a cuppa, something i also noticed was that the tricolour appears to be pointed at the bottom

Merry Christmas Brother.
    Yes I also do not like the tricolor.

?

Merry xmas mate, hope youve had a good one so far, hope to see you in the new year sometime

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    It is a fake.
    First pattern luftwaffe decal should never be on a M40 only M35 and transitional helmets
    To many red flags for me.
    I have seen first pattern decals on early M40's if memory serves me correctly. Upon taking a second look at this though, I don't think it's original anymore. I really would like to see more pictures though.

Regards, then reached the following conclusions:
    1. Very new age
    2. false tricolor decal decal eagle ¿?
    3. Lining shows no wear = false

I think that's all that was mentioned.
    I also want to put my opinion, this article I have not paid yet, but I would say that this forum has me do not always echo the opinion of one thing in almost new condition need not be false and I have seen especially in hats.

?

i think this is a put together from randome parts, rivets dont seem original to the helmet, liner looks falsely aged and the eagle looks too new for my likes, where as the tric colour is a wierd shape and doesnt fit the wear of the overall helemet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast