Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!

Article about: What was the best helmet you got in 2012? For me it's pretty easy; it's this DD Austrian M17 / Wz20 pre-war transitional. I adore the early rounded bottom tricolour. I can't get at the liner

Default Re: Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!

That winter camo is superb. That will make the shelf pop out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!
    P
    Many

?

Garry i'm a big fan of White Camos as you know but the double decal Luftwaffe Camo is an absolute stunner !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks guys!

Yeah those two really know how to put a smile on a face! Don't they?

This is my best helmet purchase of 2012; a common M40 you may say, but I love it. A Quist Luftwaffe helmet, size 66cm, it has been overpainted in a 'fieldgrey' color. You can still see the Luftwaffe eagle under the paint. It sports a Czech chinstrap instead of a German one, giving it some extra character.

Attachment 438293

The Czech strap was popular when it was available to the Germans, you see it now and again on lids. That's a nice veteran reissue with character there Alex.

Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!This thread is slowly dying, so I'll throw in another of mine from this year. While not the best conditioned helmet I bought in 2012, it is a rather interesting lid and it actually found me through my ad on CraigsList, which was a pleasant surprise. I don't really buy civil helmets, but this was a must have when I was contacted by the seller.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!   Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!  

Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!   Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!  

Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!  

The chinstrap (originally, I typed 'cinstrpa'. I couldn't let such a spectacular typo fade into oblivion.) makes that one mate, I like it

One more of mine!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!   Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!  

Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!   Your best helmet in 2012. Post 'em!  

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    The chinstrap (originally, I typed 'cinstrpa'. I couldn't let such a spectacular typo fade into oblivion.) makes that one mate, I like it
    Good typo! When I went to look at the helmet at the sellers house, flipped it over and saw that carbine strap I was forking out the cash. And to see it was intact was even better. I also liked that it was square dip and an unusual shade of gray.

LOL, this is my best one.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast