Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Your opinion on this helmet.

Article about: Congrats, Chris ! Nice helmet and goggles !

Default Re: Your opinion on this helmet.

Quote by militarymania View Post
    amazing,,she knows nothing about militaria...yet asks for $200...why not $500 or $1000....it has been my experience for 49 years that people who know or claim to know nothing about militaria usually ask astronomical prices for such things,,,offer her $50...and see what she says....
    Like it! Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion on this helmet.
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Looks like a post war black painted M42 with a liberated Heer decal.
    Agree Frank
    Not enough gold to be KM (The flakes have probably toned over the years) and that black paint sure looks like it's been rubbed down

?

TIP- Those goggles were used by foward artillary observers (to see enmey tracers from MG posisions in daylight), machinegunners(to see their blanks in daylight), and fighter pilots would wear them for a few hours before a night mission so they can get used to seeing in the dark..just that might make more specific to where it was found (unless he just found the goggles off another and put them on)....GREAT BUY!!!!!and as someone said try asking for $50 if she really just wants it gone...

Wow, lucky guy! I would definitely go for it. It looks like its in great shape.

Quote by militarymania View Post
    amazing,,she knows nothing about militaria...yet asks for $200...why not $500 or $1000....it has been my experience for 49 years that people who know or claim to know nothing about militaria usually ask astronomical prices for such things,,,offer her $50...and see what she says....
    I have bought many items from people ,And did not ask alot for them just wanted to make a little cash,and yes some do ask for alot of money.I did buy it for 200$ and I am very happy with it.

Quote by 101stTrooper View Post
    TIP- Those goggles were used by foward artillary observers (to see enmey tracers from MG posisions in daylight), machinegunners(to see their blanks in daylight), and fighter pilots would wear them for a few hours before a night mission so they can get used to seeing in the dark..just that might make more specific to where it was found (unless he just found the goggles off another and put them on)....GREAT BUY!!!!!and as someone said try asking for $50 if she really just wants it gone...
    Thank you for the info on the goggles.I did buy it for 200$

At the end of the day if you're happy with it thats all it comes down to doesnt it? I like the overall look of this helmet, even if the paint isnt original

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    At the end of the day if you're happy with it thats all it comes down to doesnt it? I like the overall look of this helmet, even if the paint isnt original

Thanks

Danny
    Thank you.

Forgive my candor...but if you had offered her $50.00 I would have wondered what kind of a friend YOU were...
    Love the helmet...and the great deal you got!

he would have been the friend that could have gotten the item for less...and she was the friend who got was she wanted...all parties are satisfied,and that is all there need to be...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast