Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your opinion on this helmet

Article about: I've been considering this helmet... What are your opinions on this lid? Your comments are much appreciated! Thanks. https://www.therupturedduck.com/coll...e-decal-helmet

Default Your opinion on this helmet

I've been considering this helmet... What are your opinions on this lid? Your comments are much appreciated! Thanks.
    https://www.therupturedduck.com/coll...e-decal-helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion on this helmet
    P
    Many

Hello there ineedcoffe, I would personally pass on that helmet. It is 100% original, but I think the price is way too high for a single decal Luft in pretty salty condition. For that kind of price, I would expect the condition to be a tad bit better, but that's just me. Best of luck!

Torn liner, missing chinstrap, considerable paint wear.....800 bucks? Absolutely not.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Bill is a great guy but I do agree the price is to high.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Couple hundred too high IMO.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Ken B has a much nicer one for $50 cheaper. But still full on dealer prices.

German Helmets For Sale | German War Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can't hurt to contact the dealer and make an offer.

MAP
    ?

GHW has a decent one for $650. One torn tongue.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    GHW has a decent one for $650. One torn tongue.
    I was going to point this out also.

If you don't mind the torn tongue on the liner and missing chinstrap, it's a sharp looking helmet. I don't think the liner draw string is original either. Maybe you could offer $50-75 less for the missing chinstrap. Make it a nice $600 helmet.

On the original post's linked helmet, I'm going to add the listing photos from the dealer's site below so the thread remains relevant. I personally like the used look on this one, but agree the price is just too high given the condition.

MAP
    ?

Scott,

Agree. The one on GHW is nice. Full decal and exterior looks good. While the liner has a few rips it still looks soft. Also as a private sale you can usually bargain down a bit. My Sudfront camo I got for over 1/3 less, but the seller was motivated and I had little cash at the time.....

Ineedcoffee: If you are not a member at GHW I can PM you the sellers contact info.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast