Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

zimmeriti camo helmet?

Article about: Picked this up a while back. Great price. But am guessing it is an original parts post war assembly? The pins are not in tune with the camo. There are green camopaint traces in the liner. So

Default zimmeriti camo helmet?

Picked this up a while back. Great price. But am guessing it is an original parts post war assembly? The pins are not in tune with the camo. There are green camopaint traces in the liner. So the paint in the liners is inconsistent with the camo type. And if the pins are missing the camo it would suggest that camo would have been applied without the liner in the helmet. What do you guys think? Any cjance parts have been together always? I dont really think so. But belief all parts to be original and was happy with its pricing. Hoping for some opinions. Thanks!

zimmeriti camo helmet?zimmeriti camo helmet?zimmeriti camo helmet?zimmeriti camo helmet?zimmeriti camo helmet?zimmeriti camo helmet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture zimmeriti camo helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement zimmeriti camo helmet?
    P
    Many

Looks like blood in the liner...Certainly not Zimmeritt, as that was only used on armor plate to repel magnetic charges, never on helmets...I don't know how that myth still endures, but it does...
    cheers, Glenn

in my opinion its a replacement chinstrap
    Regards James

zimmeriti camo helmet?

the liner does look dark. But there is clear green paint in it. Here is an extra pic.

Hi, I agree that the pins look to be different from the rest of the helmets paint work. It just looks like a standard "rough texture" over paint to me and I suspect that the liner is a replacement that may well be blood damaged as Glenn suggests. As for the decal, I am not to sure that is correct either as it is so heavily worn and yet the surrounding paint work is very good?? Leon.

EDIT: Just seen your update, paint, not blood. All in all I am not that keen on this one.

Hello Willemketel,

Have to agree I dont think this liner is original to the helmet. From the photos there doesnt look to be any wear under the pins, and its condition seems to be worse than the rest of the helmet.

Cheers.

Possibly a thrown together helmet. The photos are horrible though.

Agreed

zimmeriti camo helmet?Thanks guys. As i suspected so far. But i still bought cause i liked it and it was priced accordingly.
    do you all think the texture camo and decal to be original? I added another pic. Sorry am not a great fotographer and my Phone cam is sh**