Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted

Article about: Hello All, Attached here is, I believe, an example of the very rarely encountered 1-piece stamped aluminum Reichswehr buckle, this example featuring remnants of an original field paint. Thes

Default 1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted

Hello All,

Attached here is, I believe, an example of the very rarely encountered 1-piece stamped aluminum Reichswehr buckle, this example featuring remnants of an original field paint. These have been discussed only a couple times before and here below is a link to one prior discussion. Any and all comments are, of course, most welcome.

Best,
    Adam

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...inium-16284-2/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted   1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted

Hey Adam another one out of that foot locker of yours nice buckle mate and again seldom seen
    Ben

Thanks, Ben. Yes, my time-traveling veteran's footlocker does come up with some interesting finds from time to time.

Attached here for anyone else interested is, I believe, another 1-piece aluminum Reichswehr...this time with what appears to be a Panzer Abwehr unit marked tab & belt. As Guido notes in the older thread linked above, it is sometimes difficult to discern whether aluminum or nickel from images alone and without having the buckle in-hand. The design & construction does seem to match the first buckle posted, albeit with this example lacking the field paint. They both, however, appear different in design & construction from the 1-piece example posted by Wickie/Christian in the older thread.

Again, any and all comments or opinions welcome and it would be great to see more images if anyone else wishes to contribute to this thread.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted   1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted  

Attached Images Attached Images 1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted 

Thanks Adam. I rather like these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Adam and thanks for posting this buckle (and very nice indeed) I think just from the pics it is a hard call but looking at the patina and green build up it could be a nickel buckle, but again hard to tell from the pics
    Ben

Adam, et al,

Personally I think both of these buckles are nickel silver. The first on w/out tab has rust on the buckle just in front of the catch as well as the prong bar. . The second one while not showing any rust is identical in construction. With that said I have to say that I have never seen a combat Reichscheer like the ones shown in aluminum. That's not to say they could not exist but the only aluminum Reichscheer buckles I have seen are the parade two piece buckles w/the rondel attached by 4 tabs. Since both these buckles I believe are owned by the same person (not Adam) that he may not be aware that nickel silver buckles are non-magnetic. I tried to find the thread from Guido that Adam referenceed but could not . It would be nice if Guido could re-post it to this thread.

Bill

Hello,

Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Nice buckles!! I have a couple of one-piece Reichswehr buckles to add to this thread.....my fave is of course the unit marked example. It also came with a matching belt that had the same markings....

Cheers!

Rob

Here is the unit marked one piece example....

1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted   1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted  

1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted   1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted  

Attached Images Attached Images 1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted  1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted  1-Piece Aluminum Reichswehr Buckle, Field Painted 

I thought I would re-open this thread as the original questions regarded aluminum Reichscheer buckles. Does anyone have a one piece aluminum Reichscheer buckle out there with or without a tab? The ones shown are nice buckes but are not aluminum.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast