Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question

Article about: 1

Default 2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question

Hey, guys. Here are images of a 2-piece aluminum heer parade buckle that I picked up recently and which is marked for Paulmann und Crone, Lüdenscheid. I also have this this type buckle by Overhoff u Cie and marked OLC inside the dimple on the reverse.

I remember reading somewhere (I thought in the Nash publication) that these types of buckles are usually unmarked aside from these two makers. I forget now and have not been able to locate where I had read as to why this is. I also seem to come across the OLC marked buckle quite often, however this is the first time I had seen this marking for PuC. In other's experience and opinions is this less commonly encountered?

Thanks and much appreciation for any comments or thoughts on this.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question   2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question

Hello Adam,

nice buckle and these marked Heer parade buckles are indeed a little bit harder to come by.

But the maker is not Paulmann & Crone as assumed, it is Paul Cramer & Co. of Lüdenscheid.
    Please note the little difference between their logos.

Best,
    Guido

Hi, Guido. Thanks for that... I thought I had read somewhere that it was only Overhoff and Paulmann & Crone who marked these and so assumed PuC. I guess I remembered incorrectly... I was curious though as I hadn't seen this mark before, only Paulmann & Crone's "PuC" marking. Do you know why most of these are unmarked? Is Cramer less commonly encountered than Overhoff on these?

Best,
    Adam

For comparison to Cramer's marking here is the "PuC" mark mentioned above as seen on one of my 2-piece SA's...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question  

?

Hello Adam

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Do you know why most of these are unmarked?
    No, the reason for this is unknown to me, sorry!

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Is Cramer less commonly encountered than Overhoff on these?
    I would say yes, but I have also learned that some particular buckles do not come to the surface for years and suddenly you will see the same buckle by coincidence for many times.

BTW, I have also a marked Cramer parade buckle in my collection. It is made from nickle silver with a Reichswehr roundel.

Best,
    Guido

Just a couple to add into the mix
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question   2-Piece Aluminum Heer Parade Buckles: A Question  

Ben

More

Ben

Two piece buckle with fake tab on

Ben

And again

Ben

!

Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast