Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3x Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I've been offered these three different Koppelschlosser, all three have no makers mark. The Wehrmacht buckle has what I take for a "tropical belt" or "Africa

?

Default 3x Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please

Hello Gentlemen,
    I've been offered these three different Koppelschlosser, all three have no makers mark. The Wehrmacht buckle has what I take for a "tropical belt" or "Africa belt" which has no markings on it, only the number 96 on the belt end. The Front Heil buckle (slightly dented), I take to be a Frei Korp buckle, the third I think may be a private purchase Reichswehr buckle. I'm interested in all three buckles, but with so many copies in circulation and I'm a novice, thought it best to ask members opinions first. Any information welcome.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please   3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please  

3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please   3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please  

3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 3x Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please

Here's a picture of the belt. thank you3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please

The tropical belt and buckle look fine to me. , don't know about the others sorry

Hi Alec, all look OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.

I too see no probs...but the tabs don't seem to be the same: one is brown and one is black???

All the best!

Rob

All three buckles look good to me, though the picture of the tab looks different from the pic which is attached to the buckle its self?
    Ben

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks for your posts. Today I bought two of the buckles, the Wehrmacht buckle with belt & the Stahlhelmbund buckle. Your right about the two colour tone of the tab, it appears to have had ink spilled on it, there's a picture with the post. The Wehrmacht buckle does indeed have a makers mark - N&H 1941 stamped on it, the tab has the stamp - Noelle& Hueck Lündenscheid 1942. The stahlhelmbund buckle has no makers mark. Again thanks for the posts
    Regards
    Alec3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please

Lol, mystery resolved, thanks for the extra pics
    Ben

Default Stahlhelmbund

A good looking and as having already been confirmed, original "non official" Stahlhelmbund buckle. Would greatly appreciate some images of the roundel taken in natural light.

Regards,

David

?

Hi David,
    Here's a roundel picture taken in natural light. A couple of points perhaps you could clear up - was there a official Stahlhelmbund buckle? getting back to the Wehrmacht Tropical belt, the buckle has a leather tab, the common wisdom amongst some collectors seems to be tropical buckles only have web tabs, not leather. Yet I see on Michael Dick's military site, he has two Tropical Wehrmacht buckles with leather tabs on offer, presumably then its irrelevant what type of tab is on the buckle, has it anything to do with the paint colour of the buckles ? olive green for tropics, unpainted and black for general use? would you happen to the planing logic behind the various colour schemes.
    Regards
    Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3x  Different Koppelschlosser - Opinions Needed Please  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast