Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

45 Marked Heer Buckle?

Article about: Hi All! I would like to hear your opinions on this Hermann Aurich Heer buckle. Could the marking on the reverse be a 45? Best, Guido

?

Default 45 Marked Heer Buckle?

Hi All!

I would like to hear your opinions on this Hermann Aurich Heer buckle.
    Could the marking on the reverse be a 45?

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 45 Marked Heer Buckle?   45 Marked Heer Buckle?  

45 Marked Heer Buckle?   45 Marked Heer Buckle?  

45 Marked Heer Buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 45 Marked Heer Buckle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 45 Marked Heer Buckle?

Looks like a 5 with a faded 4 in front to me. Nice set of dates by the way. I've got a few Aurich. Always like the 43 with the 3 on top of the previous years 2!! Cheers, Richard.

?

Many thanks for your reply, Richard!

I should have mentioned that the compilation of years bears some buckles wich are not from my own collection. I just had the intention to demonstrate the several years of the Aurich steel Heer buckle and picked up some buckles from several forums. I hope the owners may forgive me for unasked borrowing their images.

I have two further Hermann Aurich Heer buckles in the collection: An unmarked tropical example and a 1942 dated piece.

Best,
    Guido

Hi Guido, very nice buckle my friend and a first for me, I have never seen a 45 marked buckle before and in my eyes another "Holy Grail" of buckles and by my favorite maker As per our emails note the change in style of the eagle, maybe you could do some pics and demonstrate the difference in changing styles of eagle
    Ben

?

Hi Ben,

I have merged here two Aurich buckles. The 45 marked buckle in question (right one) and an unmarked example (probably produced 1941 or 1942) from my collection. Sorry, the images are not the best. In real the eagle of the 45 marked buckle looks quite slim in comparison to the earlier one. I would say he seems more to be a crow than an eagle!

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 45 Marked Heer Buckle?  

?

Guido, sure is marked 45 & is a first for me to see as well

didnt know they stamped them as late as 45

Great photography!!

Cheers Scott.

Very cool....I too think that it's a "5"!! A first for me too....I really like it!
    Rob

?

Don't ever remenber seeing a 45 marked buckle before. Aurlich was in Dresden and 90% of the city was destroyed on Feb. 13 1945. So I guess they could have produced some buckles in 45.

Very nice buckle! Congratulations on such a rare find!!

?

Many thanks for all replies!

Yes, Dresden was powdered in February 1945, but I have no clue if the Militäreffekten- und Metallwarenfabrik Hermann Aurich was also destroyed, so that they couldn't follow up their production. Maybe someone has more information in this matter? However I can imagine that in the beginnig of 1945 the production of any goods generally must have been an adventure in Germany.

Best,
    Guido

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast