Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!

Article about: Good evening distinguished members of the forum. Annoyed from this ads?   This afternoon I was rooting around some general antique shops and found several military items including this

Default Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!

Good evening distinguished members of the forum.

This afternoon I was rooting around some general antique shops and found several military items including this belt setup. The price was good, even if repro so I took a chance as it came with a couple of British items that I was sure would cover any loss.

I'm reasonably happy identifying and pricing British kit, especially medals and RAF items but this is THE very first Third Reich item that I have ever purchased! Therefore, could I please throw myself at the collective mercy of the forum for constructive feedback? I have checked resources online and here but to be honest, it is very easy to convince yourself that you see what you want to see.

I can find no obvious markings on any of the items but to be honest, wouldn't really know whether to expect to find any or where to look! I suspect that the holster is for a PPK or small Beretta?

A suggested value would be helpful - assuming that is not considered too crass or rude. PM if you prefer.Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!
    P
    Many

Looks good nice find

The belt and buckle are original, if you can give me a square on picture of the buckle I could possibly give you a maker, looks like a Gustav Brehmer or H Arld, is there a GB by the catch and date under the prong bar?
    Ben

you done ok.

Thanks Ben. There is some surface rust in the area you mentioned and I can just see that there may be a mark there but....thanks to your tip-off, I can clearly see a faint "41" right on the lip of the buckle under the roll pin.

Right then maker is Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!   Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!  

Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!   Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!  

Ben

BTW there are some 40 dated ones but they are quite hard to get hold of, they did not make that many (also note the GB is on the other side of the pin sleeve and not by the catch)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!   Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!  

Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!   Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!  

Ben

Here's the head on of the buckle and the markings. The markings are difficult to pick up in a photo but you can clearly see the 4.Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!Afrika Korps Belt, buckle & Holster - first ever TR purhase so be gentle!

Top man Ben! Superb information. From your photos I have gone back and looked very carefully and very faintly marked is the GB exactly as shown in your photo - very pleased. Standard make I presume and the "41" is year of manufacture?

Can I impose a bit further....should the belt be marked anywhere? Am I correct in my assumption about the holster being for a PPK or small Berretta? ...and finally (!!!) I was think value-wise around £2-300 or am I way off?

?

A nice been there set. A very good condition buckle with the web tab is usually $250-325. The belt in very good condition go for $100-150. I have no idea on the holster. With the condition of the buckle I would say the $300 range for the belt and buckle set.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast