Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Aluminum Heer Belt Buckle - Authentic?

Article about: I came across this belt and buckle. Belt buckle leather tab and belt are not original but the clasp looks real (B&O or B&C). Just wondering if the buckle is authentic, any help on th

This belt may have been remade with the the original buckle and clasp for re-enactments?
    Too bad what may have happened to the original leather then.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminum Heer Belt Buckle - Authentic?
    P
    Many

Possibly the belt was remade using the original buckle and clasp hook?
    Too bad what may have happened to the original leather then.

It's a strange one , belt hook as you say looks good , the finish on the belt does look very dark and the stitching looks new , also the lines that run off onto the belt from the fold over stitching and also on the outer edge of the belt I've not seen before , my guess wouid be as good as yours , a modern creation with an original hook.

imo the buckle is good.

it is a strange lot to be honest, the belt hook is Dransfed & Co but the belt configuration is correct with the stitching, say the plausible theory of an original hook on a repro/made up belt is possible, buckle looks ok but the tab would be an add on IMO
    Ben

Are there any Aluminum belt buckles that were made with no markings like this one?

Yes Heer buckles as well as Luftwaffe , police , SS , etc

Thank you for all the replies and information, I was concerned that lack of markings on the buckle itself would indicate it was a fake.

Quote by faciWW2 View Post
    Are there any Aluminum belt buckles that were made with no markings like this one?
    Lots of belt buckles, normally the tabs were marked but not the buckles, some makers marked the buckle itself but more did not than did
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Lots of belt buckles, normally the tabs were marked but not the buckles, some makers marked the buckle itself but more did not than did
    Even less of the private purchase 4 tab Heer buckles are marked. The only marked one I have owned had the Overhoff Diamond. I am sure Ben might know of some others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2