Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this a batman fake?

Article about: The buckle is original, see if there is a HK by the catch, could be a Knoller buckle but not got time to turn the buckle around to see it properly. If the price is dirt cheap but it if you l

Default is this a batman fake?

I just want to know before buying. Low price. The guy said he found it and painted it black to stop rust.
    I'm not good enough with these yet to know, that's why I'm asking the experts.

is this a batman fake?
    is this a batman fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this a batman fake?
    P
    Many

I don't like it and I have my suspicions...you should be able to find something much better in Stalingrad...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

?

I think it's an original buckle, but the condition is terrible, and it's been repainted so it can't even be called a relic.

- - ------- - -

By the way, it isn't a 'Batman' fake. The eagle is much uglier on those.

Glenn, I've been living here for 4 years and so far everything I've seen under $150 seems to be in that condition. It's just not until recently that I've really been interested in buying. They were asking 2500 rubles ($74) at the flea market the other day for a rusted old thing. I'm just trying to come out of here with something from the battle.

Erno, I think the paint is pretty easily removable and yea the condition is bad. I'm just more of a kar98k guy so I don't really know much about the buckles. But I did read through the posts about fakes and the different makers. To be honest, I thought those were much uglier too, but when I posted this I hadn't double checked.

-Mike

?

Mike, I sold a nice battle worn Heer on here in the classifieds for $60 recently. If you check around, you can find nice ones for the price that relics sell for in Volgograd. Maybe the prices are high there because of tourists? Either way, take a look around the classifieds here and WAF and you will probably be able to find a nice one for $75 or so including shipping to Russia. If you like relics specifically, there is one for sale on WAF right now for $25.

Get some paint stripper on it!....

Erno, I think if I buy one from the states, I think i'll just wait until I get back to do so, I'm here on and off all year. Do you happen to know any good places to look in the Northeast for when I get back?

I'm not sure why the prices are so high here, but I can safely say that 90% of the tourists here are guys looking for Russian wives. Although, a good amount of Germans do come to pay their respects.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Get some paint stripper on it!....
    Yea! Then after i'll use some to clean my BsW 1938 Kar98k!

?

Quote by fallbarbarossa View Post
    Erno, I think if I buy one from the states, I think i'll just wait until I get back to do so, I'm here on and off all year. Do you happen to know any good places to look in the Northeast for when I get back?

I'm not sure why the prices are so high here, but I can safely say that 90% of the tourists here are guys looking for Russian wives. Although, a good amount of Germans do come to pay their respects.
    Where in the Northeast will you be? There's a huge show in central Pennsylvania called MAX every year. I go to one in Allentown, Pennsylvania that takes place five times annually.

Times sure have gotten better since the war years, since you can now return from Stalingrad with a wife and all of your toes.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Where in the Northeast will you be? There's a huge show in central Pennsylvania called MAX every year. I go to one in Allentown, Pennsylvania that takes place five times annually.

Times sure have gotten better since the war years, since you can now return from Stalingrad with a wife and all of your toes.
    I'll be in Rhode Island, but as it's the smallest state, I'm flexible. I think i'll be home next at Christmas.

Yea, you can get back with a wife and toes, but she may run away with a green card and your toes (if she can sell them for anything, that is).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast