MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

is this a batman fake?

Article about: The buckle is original, see if there is a HK by the catch, could be a Knoller buckle but not got time to turn the buckle around to see it properly. If the price is dirt cheap but it if you l

The buckle is original, see if there is a HK by the catch, could be a Knoller buckle but not got time to turn the buckle around to see it properly. If the price is dirt cheap but it if you like it, looks like a ground dug to me that has been painted over
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this a batman fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The buckle is original, see if there is a HK by the catch, could be a Knoller buckle but not got time to turn the buckle around to see it properly. If the price is dirt cheap but it if you like it, looks like a ground dug to me that has been painted over
    That's exactly what the guy said it was, dug and painted to 'preserve it'. What would be dirt cheap? I may be able to haggle him down...

In order not to start yet another thread with me asking if something is real or not, I'll just continue on this one. I'm looking at the one on the right, the cleaner one.

is this a batman fake?

is this a batman fake?

?

That last one is original as well, but also in relic condition. Ben might be able to tell you the maker. Maybe Sieper?

Quote by Erno View Post
    That last one is original as well, but also in relic condition. Ben might be able to tell you the maker. Maybe Sieper?
    Thanks again, Erno, you know, I gotta say you guys are really helpful and a lot friendlier than some other forums.

?

Quote by fallbarbarossa View Post
    Thanks again, Erno, you know, I gotta say you guys are really helpful and a lot friendlier than some other forums.
    Well, I'm glad to help in the small way that I'm able, being a new collector. Ben is the real expert on these, and especially so when it comes to Heer buckles. Some other forums can be a bit abrasive and actually sometimes predatory, when a rare item is shown for opinions.

So, I guess at ~$25.00 I'll get one of these. Which do you guys recommend, the painted or unpainted relic?

?

You would be better off just buying quality buckle from dealers or collectors. The classified or on stand on WAF have some nice stuff. For shipping your should buy several buckles at once. One of those flat rate boxes is around $25 to Russia and you can get 6-8 buckles in a box.

Quote by kirby View Post
    You would be better off just buying quality buckle from dealers or collectors. The classified or on stand on WAF have some nice stuff. For shipping your should buy several buckles at once. One of those flat rate boxes is around $25 to Russia and you can get 6-8 buckles in a box.
    Yea, but I don't want to order anything to Russia as I'll be heading back to the states eventually. I just want a cheap and decent Stalingrad relic while I'm here.

One of the buckles looks like a Seiper made buckle the other one is probably a Noelle & Hueck, look at the slender ears with that catch
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2