MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Blue Heer buckle

Article about: I bought this unmarked Heer buckle recently. It appears to be steel and has been painted in a blue color. There are no markings on it. There was no leather tag with it. Thus I believe that i

Default Blue Heer buckle

I bought this unmarked Heer buckle recently. It appears to be steel and has been painted in a blue color. There are no markings on it. There was no leather tag with it. Thus I believe that it is a late war production item. The dealer who sold it to me stated that it was a Marine coastal artillery buckle. Would this be correct, or would regular Wehrmacht troops have also been issued with a buckle in this color? I really like this buckle, but note that the swastika has uneven length arms, also the two 'Ts' in GOTT are not the same. Is it a genuine buckle or a copy? Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blue Heer buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Blue Heer buckle

Buckle is fine, made by C W Motz & Co Brandenburg, here is a tabbed example for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Heer buckle   Blue Heer buckle  

Blue Heer buckle  
    Ben

Thanks very much for the info, Ben, much appreciated.

Alex, your welcome
    Ben

BTW for reference there is also Schmole & Comp and J C Maedicke which are very similar buckles (Motz & Maedicke probably same firm at some point) I have posted pics of both for interest first up J C Maedicke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Heer buckle   Blue Heer buckle  

Blue Heer buckle   Blue Heer buckle  

Ben

Finally Schmole & Comp

Blue Heer buckle  
    Ben