Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DAK Belt and buckle

Article about: Here we have a Heer Afrikakorps issue webbing belt and buckle. Webbing was used instead of the regular leather belts in order to withstand better the weather conditions of fighting in the No

Default Re: DAK Belt and buckle

Here's another Keller but without the tab
    Not DAK
    Is it the crispness of the detail that makes these desirable? or the production numbers?
    But Is this DAK? pictures in the next post
    B 37 I have no idea on the maker
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-27-2010 at 09:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here's another Keller but without the tab
    Not DAK
    Is it the crispness of the detail that makes these desirable? or the production numbers?
    But Is this DAK? pictures in the next post
    B 37 I have no idea on the maker
    and it seems to have remnants of the lighter colour
    Also now that I've taken a picture of this one- I see a ink stamp at the catch end! any ideas on this?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-27-2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added text

FKO buckles are not very common so harder to get hold of. The above buckle again is a plain Heer buckle, at some point period or post war it has been sprayed/painted tan, Buckles were never inked stamped so again that has been added by some one at some point. Do you have better pics of any markings that are there, including the ink stamp?
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    FKO buckles are not very common so harder to get hold of. The above buckle again is a plain Heer buckle, at some point period or post war it has been sprayed/painted tan, Buckles were never inked stamped so again that has been added by some one at some point. Do you have better pics of any markings that are there, including the ink stamp?
    Thanks Ben

Here's the extra pics you request
    now that I look at these shots is it a stamp?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-28-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added text

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Here we have a Heer Afrikakorps issue webbing belt and buckle. Webbing was used instead of the regular leather belts in order to withstand better the weather conditions of fighting in the North African tropical envoiroment.

The buckle, which is dated 1941 and maker marked "CTD", is painted in Olive coloured paint and is fitted with a webbing retaining tab.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice belt and buckle Ade!

I have not seen a DAK buckle and webbing belt in colour before

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Ade, I hope this is cool, but here's my web belt with the buckle that came with it. Not a web tab example, so maybe joined together later, who knows? The buckle is odd, in that the buckle is dated 1941 and the tab is 1942, though it looks like its always been there, so maybe made early 42.

VonBond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Belt and buckle  

Vonbond, nice set but like you said probably put together at some point. It is quite normal of this maker to have mismatched tab and buckle
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Vonbond, nice set but like you said probably put together at some point. It is quite normal of this maker to have mismatched tab and buckle

Thanks Ben for the info about the maker, as I said I had no problem with it.
    The web belt has been shortened, period done by the look of it, I suppose that 110 is a long size.

VonBond

Size 110 is for sure a big size
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2