Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK belt & buckle corrrect?

Article about: Hello, I would like to buy this DAK belt and buckle and it looks good and I checked against other pictures I have seen (books and websites) but would like opinions from people with more know

?

Default DAK belt & buckle corrrect?

Hello,

I would like to buy this DAK belt and buckle and it looks good and I checked against other pictures I have seen (books and websites) but would like opinions from people with more knowledge.

thanks again
    mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK belt & buckle corrrect?   DAK belt & buckle corrrect?  

DAK belt & buckle corrrect?   DAK belt & buckle corrrect?  

DAK belt & buckle corrrect?   DAK belt & buckle corrrect?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK belt & buckle corrrect?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DAK belt & buckle corrrect?

Everything looks ok to me , a nice original belt, but the stitching looks very clean as opposed to the grubbiness of the belt, im wondering if its been restitched post war, but it just may be an unworn example

Mike the buckle looks original enough though the stitching is very "clean" any chance of better pictures of the buckle and tab?
    Ben

?

Here are more pictures.

Also would a blacklight show if the stiching is post war (if glow)?

thanks again for your insight
    salute
    mike k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK belt & buckle corrrect?   DAK belt & buckle corrrect?  

?

Here are more pictures.

Also would a blacklight show if the stiching is post war (if glow)?

thanks again for your insight
    salute
    mike k

I agree the stitching looks new. Also the buckle date of 1940 makes it too early for a DAK. The beltr is OK and in nice shape.

Bill

?

The stiching passes the BL test

?

Also I have found out that the earlier (1940-41) production DAK buckles had the leather tab, followed in later years by a canvas version. So 1940 can be a valid date for this buckle.

thanks again for all the help
    mike k

Mike I beg to differ on this date . The Afrika Korps did not arrive in N. africa until Feb. of 1941. That of course does not mean that buckles dated 1940 could have been worn by soldiers in n. africa but so could buckles dated 39, 38, 37,. That is why buckles with leather tabs dated before 1941 I would not consider as true DAK buckles.

Bill

With them pics the stitching is fine, is ia a nice buckle, very typical of the square ears on Dr Franke buckles which some fakers have tried to fake, as whether original to the belt, who knows, both nice items though
    Ben