Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?

Article about: Ben, apart from the leathertab (I think there are no problems to restich a tab), how would you explain these differences to the quality and especially the design of the swastika? Best regard

Default DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?

Please help is this a Fake ?
    I tr to buy it. no better pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?   DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?

Just from the picture you have I like it, has nice wear to the leather, stitching looks ok, nice buckle
    Ben

I too think the buckle is probably authentic.

Rob

Here's a close up of the cartouche on mine and, hopefully you'll be able to see it: the markings on the buckle itself D&Co by the catch. It's legible but under some period light green paint. Thanks for showing yours. rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?   DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?  

The front and back for your viewing pleasure.

just now hold in mine hands.
    Fake or bad work ?

DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?   DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?  

DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?   DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?  

DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?  

I still think yours is a good one. Why do you think it's bad? Stamp looks good, leather and thread look good.

I think you are looking at the quality of the strike on the buckle, perhaps? I still think it's good. Could the front areas be wear?
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

I personally don't like Gerolf's buckle!
    We are used to see the blurry reverse side at a Dransfeld Alu buckle, but the front side should be crisp! The pebbling on this buckle is dreadful and please note these thin raised bars on the swastika at the reverse side. The whole proportions of the swastika are wrong imo!

Regards,
    Guido

The buckle itself, may be a bad production one, the tab and stitching look period to me, I would say that if the leather has that distinct "aged" smell and the stitching is good which it does look ok from the pics then probably a good buckle, to get a real feel for it it need be in the hand really. The buckle casting looks bad on the front but if tab/leather and stitching ok then I would be happy with it. (thats my opinion of course)
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast