Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?

Article about: Ben, apart from the leathertab (I think there are no problems to restich a tab), how would you explain these differences to the quality and especially the design of the swastika? Best regard

?

Default Re: DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?

Ben,

apart from the leathertab (I think there are no problems to restich a tab), how would you explain these differences to the quality and especially the design of the swastika?

Best regards,
    Guido

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRANSFELD & CO 1940 MENDEN / W Fake ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Guido View Post
    Ben,

apart from the leathertab (I think there are no problems to restich a tab), how would you explain these differences to the quality and especially the design of the swastika?

Best regards,
    Guido
    Hi Guido, like I said my friend, I would like the buckle in hand to make a comparison, my deduction is based on the tab, if stitching etc if it has been resewn with original thread then we have our explanation. It would be interesting to look at it through a loop!
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 01-26-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    Ben

Any concern that there is a lack of maker's mark on the reverse? I see that Guido's has it. I've also seen clear maker's mark on the Heer buckles by Dransfeld. I still give it a thumbs up based on the leather, especially the way it curves and snuggles the side. All three examples show this. Damned sexy, if you ask me.

?

Yes Rick, I missed also the mm on Gerolf's example and there is even another feature that I observed on D&C police buckles many times: The specific champagne-silver colour on the reverse side. Your's and my buckle show this colour!

@Ben: You are probably right, hard to make a final judgement without these buckles in hands!

Regards,
    Guido

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2