Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle

Article about: Hello.. My question is , Did Dransfeld & Co. ever have a maker mark on a buckle other than on a leather tab ? And if not why ? My theory is (Forgive me) that perhaps they may have produc

?

Default Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle

Hello.. My question is , Did Dransfeld & Co. ever have a maker mark on a buckle other than on a leather tab ? And if not why ? My theory is (Forgive me) that perhaps they may have produced buckles for sub contractors or "Middle Men" for distibution to lesser companys that did not have the resources of "Die press" or "Injection molding" that could place their name on a tab and seem as big as , say... Assman, R.S.S. or G.B. for instance... Just curious....
    Some buckles I have came across were void of a Dransfeld tab and were yet Dransfeld..
    I understand that some tabs lose stitching and were lost or who knows what.. Are there any known examples of a bona fide Dransfeld buckle on a leathermakers tab they doesn't quite make sense... Thanks ...Gwar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle
    P
    Many

Gwar, I have only ever seen markings on the steel buckles and never on aluminium buckles, however the Dransfeld companies more than likely changed buckles between each other, not sure who was the main maker, here is a genuine example of a aluminium buckle and a steel buckle, the stitching on the tab is complete and original to the buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle   Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle  

Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle   Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle  

Ben

?

Nice exaple Ben... Should the "Hook" nose be a trait or clue to unmarked buckles with this particular look ?? As with Overhoff and the back of the head notch these variations are becoming a little better to identify as you stated in an earlier post... I have to keep studying the individual nuances of makers including the "Ears" and maker marks themselves... You are wealth of information... Thanks Ben...Gwar

?

I have also noted that the paint on Dransfeld is a sort of tell tale sign as well as the catch on certain buckles..
    It seems a little thicker on the back the Heer ones..And Some Rad as well...Gwar

The eagles beak is a trait of Dransfeld, I have seen no other buckles with a beak like that
    Ben

?

Default Dransfeld

An example of a Dransfeld I own.. Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle   Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle  

Another of the Menden makers, HCH Schwerter, again same buckle

Dransfeld Maker mark on any Buckle  
    Ben

?

Very interesting food for thought Ben...Thanks.....Gwar