Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS

Article about: Hi, I have a few buckles that I am relatively sure are original but I am not 100% sure. I would appreciate help to verify these buckles are real and what their values may be. Thanks in advan

Default A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS

Hi,

I have a few buckles that I am relatively sure are original but I am not 100% sure. I would appreciate help to verify these buckles are real and what their values may be. Thanks in advance.

First is what I think is a Afrika Korp buckle. It is painted tan with the leather tab attached. I see no maker mark on it.

Next is what I beleive is a Kreigsmarine buckle? It is dark blue/black in color and the clasp in brownish? It is stamped LFS as best I can tell. Your opinion on what it is and value appreciated.

Thanks again for looking.

Scrounger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS   A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS  

A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS   A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS
    P
    Many

Default Re: A few buckles I need help with please. THNKS

I don't have a clue what these two are? Any help and value appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS   A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS  

A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS   A few buckles I need help with please. THANKS  

And here are two red cross buckles. Help on values of these please? Thanks again in advance.

Scrounger

And last is a RAD buckle in really good condition. Help with value would be appreciated. Thanks.

You have a couple post war examples there...One is West German. The last buckle you have shown is a reproduction Red Cross buckle. The other Red cross looks legit - but it has been de-nazified.
    The army buckles are nice. The blue/black is a late war army (sometimes considered coastal artillery) and it's a JFS made piece (Josef Felix and Son). The first steel buckle shown is in really nice shape, but I don't think it's an Africa Korps buckle. Looks real sweet though. The RAD is also a minty example!!

Cheers!

Rob

Just to add a little from what Rob has already confirmed.

Image 2 shows a post 1945, West German Bundeswehr buckle, together with a fake "Stone Masons Guild" buckle.

Image 3 shows an original aluminium DRK buckle by Overhoff und Cie. which has sadly been de nazified, together with a pure fantasy (1970's) Red Cross buckle in steel.

The star of the group and in my opinion is the aluminium RAD. A 1939 production by "Gottlieb". Superb condition throughout as is often found for this year of manufacture.

Regards,

David

I agree with the rest, the Bruder Schneider buckle is fantastic, I just love them big "floppy" ears so characteristic of this maker and like David already stated, the RAD is fantastic, very nice buckle
    Ben

Thanks for the info guys. Anyone care to take a stab at the values for the real buckles? Unfortunately(for me but not for you ), I will bill selling these shortly. Thanks again.

Scrounger