Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

First German Buckle (relic)

Article about: That looks great and looks very similar to my reilic buckle which is RODO!...

lemon juice should be no problem for you.lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First German Buckle (relic)
    P
    Many

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    lemon juice should be no problem for you.lol.
    Indeed so Harry not a problem in Greece!....

i don't know if you can see (probably not) it but i got most of the paint out and know i have deep it into lemon juice i will post final results tomorrow

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First German Buckle (relic)  

So this is the best i can get from it :P maybe i will repeat the process again next week this is all i can do for now First German Buckle (relic)

after soaking it into lemon juice for another 3 hours i worked on it again with some sandpaper here are final results maker still not visible

First German Buckle (relic)First German Buckle (relic)First German Buckle (relic)First German Buckle (relic)

Look at the size of the pin head, I would say it is RODO
    Ben

Comparing it to some previous pictures of a Rodo buckle that you had uploaded in this thread i will agree that is rodo.Letters look exactly the same
    Also the prongs are attached to a brass piece ....could this be from a bullet case? i assume it is field repaired cause it was found buried in the battlefield

This is the pins head, very large and very typical of RODO, also have a read of this thread, it will help you with terminology

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First German Buckle (relic)  
    Ben

Other RODO for example A Heer buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First German Buckle (relic)   First German Buckle (relic)  

Ben

Ss rodo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First German Buckle (relic)   First German Buckle (relic)  

Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast