Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

FLL Heer buckle - Friedrich Linden Lüdenscheid

Article about: Hello friends! I have posted this buckle in the "Fake Heer" sticky. Is it a fake or should I delete my post there? The buckle is listed as a copy on a dealer site and looks suspici

?

Overhoff and Cie, also changed their makers mark from O & C to OLC... It happened...
    Here is an example of Dr. Franke.. These are both Rad examples by the way.. G
    Attached Images Attached Images FLL Heer buckle - Friedrich Linden Lüdenscheid  FLL Heer buckle - Friedrich Linden Lüdenscheid 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FLL Heer buckle - Friedrich Linden Lüdenscheid
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    This is also my opinion, even if others say it is otherwise (straight). Would like to see
    correspondence from Friedrich Linden, stating this! For me it is curved, until otherwise
    stated.....Maybe someone can?

Attachment 999208

Attachment 999223
    Wim. I must, With no disrespect disagree.. The examples posted are genuine and known to collectors as perfect if not proof that this is the standard production method at the time.. Furthermore the F.L.L. maker mark was used in the "Italic" or slightly slanted or curved way on some of their other handi-work on some items.. " Close combat" badge and other type of objects pertaining to the TR.. The example provided by Wewelsburg is probably a Cast fake IMO and in no way represents an original buckle.. And is not withstanding to a original buckle produced and executed by the firm.. If the assertions are true we than we have a lot of buckles out there that have been a farce and until now un-noticed as repro / fakes.. JMO... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This is just what I learned in the 1970's and 1980's during my research.

In those years I never met a collector with the FLL marking with straight
    letters. I wrote many buckle-collectors from those days to ask about
    their markings for my planned buckle-book. No person had noted the
    straight letters.
    Maybe I always have interpreted the one or the other not correct. I am
    just a human and can make mistakes! But this then was largely based
    upon my research.

The summer 1939 Linden-cataloque anyway shows the metal parts were
    marked with FLL with curved letters!

1940 production:

Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-15-2016 at 10:34 AM.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Overhoff and Cie, also changed their makers mark from O & C to OLC... It happened...
    Here is an example of Dr. Franke.. These are both Rad examples by the way.. G
    Absolutely agree with you, but the key point is in your answer " changed their makers mark" As far as I know FLL did not change their mark

An interesting thread, that throws up more questions than answers...........

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    An interesting thread, that throws up more questions than answers...........
    as so often!

At work at mo but my Heer and Police by Linden both had the straight lettering and they were 1000% original, like I said I have not encountered a fake FLL as yet
    Ben

The customs officers from FLL is being faked and has straight letters!
    The quantity seems however to be very low of them......This was told
    to me by the well-known German collector Jürgen Bandau from
    "Deutsche Koppelschlösser 1800-1945", a good friend of mine
    for many years, when being still alive! If he was wrong, I am wrong!

There must be some regulations set down as to what kind of lettering should be used, even the type face. This is not refined just to the Germans, the British did this also. It is a bit like the debate over cammo helmets, with wires and all sorts. Some people say "oh they wouldn't have done that" but when you consider the basics of camouflage....shape, shine, silhouette shadow...... anything is possible, sorry for rambling on. But honestly what makes something a 1000% real

If your comment is aimed at me John years of hands on experience and study and if I am sure its original it probably is
    Ben

Hello gentlemen ,

i must intervene here .

I know both stamp variations on original buckles ,straight and curved LL...........

But this shown WH buckle is a moldet fake with typical cast flaws on backside !

Not the cast pearls in the oakleafe and on the catch !!!!!!!

Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast