Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German Brass belt buckle. kriegsmarine?

Article about: Hello, I recently purchased this belt buckle and was told it was Kriegsmarine. I have had very little luck finding comparable items. It does not have a RZM stamp ( I know it doesn't need one

Default German Brass belt buckle. kriegsmarine?

Hello, I recently purchased this belt buckle and was told it was Kriegsmarine. I have had very little luck finding comparable items. It does not have a RZM stamp ( I know it doesn't need one to be authentic). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    No1canuck
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Brass belt buckle. kriegsmarine?   German Brass belt buckle. kriegsmarine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Brass belt buckle. kriegsmarine?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately, your buckle is a fake. Take a look at the eagles head and compare to any other original buckle and you will see the difference.
    There are Kriegsmarine buckles, but they are made of the same materials as regular buckles only with a gold finish. They should not be made of brass. It should also not have an RZM stamp.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

woodpecker head bad.

Hello,

"Batman" fake ......
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

The guys have it bang on, the old batman fake, can you post this in the fake Heer thread please?

Cheers
    Ben

Hey Ben
    I will try to post this on the site you suggest but i am just new to this. This buckle came with several others that were all genuine and as was pointed out by rbminus the eagle head is clearly different. Regards

Ben I have seen some of the old 'Bathead fakes" like this one in brass KM Eagle over M marked I am sure you may have too. Amazing how often these things turn up. I can still hear some of the old Gunshow dealers blowing about "that's the reason they are made out of brass so the salt water won't rust them." Well enough gunshow lore. timothy

Hi Tim, probably one of the easiest fakes to spot once you know what one is, much like the RZM ones with the big bar across as a catch. ref dealers some just dont know and others dont care, all they want is $. I must stress though not all dealers, I know of some very good dealers who would return any monies ASAP if they sold a fake, also other dealers who if are not sure will check on a forum to see if correct, for me I applaud that every time
    Ben

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Hey Ben
    I will try to post this on the site you suggest but i am just new to this. This buckle came with several others that were all genuine and as was pointed out by rbminus the eagle head is clearly different. Regards
    Here you go mate please post it in this thread

Fake Heer Buckles

Also as you navigate the buckles forum all the big sections of the German forces have their own sub forum, within that forum is a fake thread and a genuine example thread for reference, a real useful tool if you ever need to look next time also have a butchers at this thread if you are new to buckles it may give you a heads up

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Ben

Thanks for posting that buckle and welcome to the forum BTW nice to have you here
    Ben