Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German War Booty and 'transitional' Heer buckles

Article about: Does anyone else find it unusual that German War Booty seems to be the only source for this type of 'transitional' Heer buckle (WWI-WWII conversion)? Transitional Army EM/NCO's Belt Buckle V

?

Default German War Booty and 'transitional' Heer buckles

Does anyone else find it unusual that German War Booty seems to be the only source for this type of 'transitional' Heer buckle (WWI-WWII conversion)?

German War Booty and 'transitional' Heer bucklesGerman War Booty and 'transitional' Heer buckles

Transitional Army EM/NCO's Belt Buckle

Variant Early Army EM/NCO'S Belt Buckle as Shown in Angolia's Book

It seems somewhat absurd that these would be used for the Heer, which was highly regulated, and if so, surely there would be an order somewhere which authorized them. I suppose they're possibly early NSDAP/SA 'cottage industry' type conversions, but then why has German War Booty cornered the market on these unusually ugly specimens?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German War Booty and 'transitional' Heer buckles
    P
    Many

I don't find it surprising at all. If I was making buckles in my basement I would sell them too.

?

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    I don't find it surprising at all. If I was making buckles in my basement I would sell them too.
    German War Booty is usually considered a respectable dealer, but there are plenty of clunkers on there for sure. The fact that these ugly bucks were whitewashed in Angolia's book helps grease the wheels a bit.

Never heard of a "Transitional Buckle"...The quality is just not there, and that roundel is one of the worst I've ever seen...
    I have a tough time believing that these are original...a VERY tough time. This buckle is atrocious, and I wouldn't pay $5 for it...whether it's in "The Book" or not...I'm VERY surprised that John would offer this for sale as an original...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Never heard of a "Transitional Buckle"...The quality is just not there, and that roundel is one of the worst I've ever seen...
    I have a tough time believing that these are original...a VERY tough time. This buckle is atrocious, and I wouldn't pay $5 for it...whether it's in "The Book" or not...I'm VERY surprised that John would offer this for sale as an original...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -
    It was apparently featured in the 2001 Angolia book (I don't have a copy of that so I can't confirm), but there are several bad fakes in there as well, so it doesn't mean much. Some people believe these things are real, but I'm with you; they look atrocious.

For me guys I dont like these buckles at all. John at German war Booty is a cracking bloke and a honest dealer, he probably believes these genuine as they are in the Angolia book but for me until some concrete proof turned up that these were prototype designs they will remain fakes in my eyes.
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    For me guys I dont like these buckles at all. John at German war Booty is a cracking bloke and a honest dealer, he probably believes these genuine as they are in the Angolia book but for me until some concrete proof turned up that these were prototype designs they will remain fakes in my eyes.
    I've heard mostly good things about John Telesmanich, but there are lots of fakes on there (in the pins and badges section), so caution is in order for sure. I don't doubt that he would issue a refund to anyone unsatisfied.

Dont know about pins and badges but his buckles are good
    Ben

I was hoping you'd comment on these, Ben...I've got more far more confidence in your knowledge of buckles than I do in anyone's book...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn lol I will bring you a bottle of malt over when we come over at Xmas
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast