Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German War Booty and 'transitional' Heer buckles

Article about: Does anyone else find it unusual that German War Booty seems to be the only source for this type of 'transitional' Heer buckle (WWI-WWII conversion)? Transitional Army EM/NCO's Belt Buckle V

Greetings from Seattle, my friend! Looking forward to seeing you!
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German War Booty and 'transitional' Heer buckles
    P
    Many

?

It is more and more difficult to se what is genuine and what is made in Pablos garage.
    ------

Have anyone asked John about these buckles? He is a good guy in my eyes. So it would be nice if he could have answered what he thinks of these items.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Greetings from Seattle, my friend! Looking forward to seeing you!
    cheers, Glenn
    We are coming out at Xmas Glenn to spend time with our son so prior to that will establish comms and get details so we can meet up
    Ben

?

Ben, if your buckle collection gets ransacked while you're gone, it wasn't me who did it.

- - ------- - -

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Have anyone asked John about these buckles? He is a good guy in my eyes. So it would be nice if he could have answered what he thinks of these items.
    I haven't, because I don't actually have any proof that they're fake.

Simply put, in a transitional period I think older items continued to be used without much upgrading. Of course. helmets were re-painted and decaled but that is really easy to do. All older field gear with the RW era stampings continued to be used without alteration to my knowledge. Maybe they were WaA stamped. The only "cottage made" items I could see being legitimate would be early SA items. NH

?

War booty gets a lot of great buckles and he isn't as goofy with his prices as some dealer. These translational buckles are worthless in my opinion. I remember looking at this buckle when I got my copy of Angolia's revised buckle book. I thought it was junk.

someone as got to be kidding.you can't believe everything in Angolia's books. imo.

John T is a very honest dealer, I have bought a lot of buckles in his web page and the manner always has been excellent, and there aren't proofs that certify that these ugly buckles are fakes, perhaps cottage made...
    Best regards
    Iván

?

Quote by ivanjoaquin View Post
    John T is a very honest dealer, I have bought a lot of buckles in his web page and the manner always has been excellent, and there aren't proofs that certify that these ugly buckles are fakes, perhaps cottage made...
    Best regards
    Iván
    The first one could be an early SA or something, but the other one cannot possibly be an early Heer buckle, because the eagle faces to the viewer's right, as in the second pattern buckles. If it were truly an early transitional piece, surely it would depict the left-facing Adler and not the later one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2