Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gott Mit Uns Aluminium buckle: help on value please.

Article about: a family member brought back many German medals, belt buckles, etc from Germany in WW2. What is the aluminum Gott Mit Uns worth in good condition?

teresa
    ?

Default Gott Mit Uns Aluminium buckle: help on value please.

a family member brought back many German medals, belt buckles, etc from Germany in WW2. What is the aluminum Gott Mit Uns worth in good condition?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Gott Mit Uns Aluminium buckle: help on value please.

Hi Teresa, welcome to the forum!

If you can show a pic that would be very helpful. I know that I and the other forum members would love to see the other items too.

Value here in the UK would be about £65 I think today? But others will be able to confirm.

Cheers, Ade.

When I was about 12 years old my best freind bought a 'Gott Mit Uns' buckle AND belt from a local antique shop for the princely sum of $5!

My mother was very concerned that it might have a swastika on it so we lied and told her it didn't.

Teresa, it all depends on condition, metal or aluminium, does it have a tab etc is it a rare maker! So depending on what you have depends on the value, ie, a mint aluminium buckle with all the paint on and tab mint is nowadays £100's Do you have any pics?
    Ben

In US in about $100 to about $150 depending on condition.

Shame on you glen for lying to your mother.
    But sweet found buckle for 5 bucks!

teresa
    ?

please see attached photo. any feedback regarding value and market price appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gott Mit Uns Aluminium buckle: help on value please.  Gott Mit Uns Aluminium buckle: help on value please. 

Just by going from what I have seen here in the U.S and as it appears unmarked, I would offer my estimate to be $75-$100. Perhaps someone else will have a more accurate appraisal for you, though. Ben, can you identify the maker? Sieper?

Nice buckle I'm sure everyone would love to see photos of anything else you have!

Best,
    Adam

I would say around the $75 to $85US range. It's certainly a real one! Great story behind it!

Rob

For me personally this buckle is in the $50 -$75, but that is what it is worth to me, that is what I would pay for it, you will find them advertised higher on dealer sites, As regards to maker hard to say from the pics, would need a much closer pic of the eagles head to stand a chance lol
    Ben

A nice buckle Teresa! I notice you have an Anti partisan badge on your blog, can you send more detailed pics to the Orders & decorations section please!

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem