Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)

Article about: Anyone please if you have any info on why these type buckles have been appearing the last few years in unissued/mint condition, would like to know. Was a time not too long ago, to find an ea

Default Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)

Anyone please if you have any info on why these type buckles have been appearing the last few years in unissued/mint condition, would like to know. Any theories ?
    Was a time not too long ago, to find an early aluminum pebbled finish with 70% of the paint remaining was near impossible. My understanding the soldiers would sand/rub the paint off these for a more attractive, contrasting look.
    Well last 3 years, have seen 5 of them in their minty state, mine being the lesser condition. All the same maker & date. Was a hoard of these recently discovered or maybe an old time collector has liquidated ? One sold recently in 100% condition for $1200 USD on Bill R. site. (Not Bill S.) & I saw 2 of them at SOS 2016... Could they be fakes ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)   Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)  

Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)   Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)
    P
    Many

?

Not likely faked, but the remaining paint is curious too me as well.
    There has been some comments in other threads,
    The dealer commands the price, the most I have ever paid for a buckle is roughly $1000.00 (U.S.D.) well worth it. We will probably hear from Ben as he collected these almost exclusively in the past.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Very nice and original finish buckle. There are lots of buckles that survived the war in this condition, they get released from collections time to time. A friend of mine has late war SS buckles still in their wrappper.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)   Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)  

Heer 1938 buckle (What's going on ?)  
    Ben

I know some collections were ended, having quite some mint buckles.
    Maybe that is the reason for finding these excellent looking specimen.

Thanks Gents. I was attending an average of 25 US shows a year ....again, did not run into these until recently. I grabbed mine the minute I saw it having never seen one with that amount of paint coverage

?

These pebbled Heer have always been rare. Even 40 years ago they were rare. Mint steel Heer are easy to find but not the aluminum buckles.

Ben...your example is very nice
    D.