Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer belt and buckle

Article about: Hi guys,im wondering if anybody can give me a few quick tips/hints please.I am going to look at a heer belt and buckle tommorow for the second time,i looked at last week,held it,looked at it

Default Heer belt and buckle

Hi guys,im wondering if anybody can give me a few quick tips/hints please.I am going to look at a heer belt and buckle tommorow for the second time,i looked at last week,held it,looked at it,tried to find a maker mark or stamping on the belt and buckle but couldnt see anything.Im not all that clued up on these things,never seen or held an original.The guy wants £50 for it.Basically what im asking is for a few little instant pointers i can look for to try and distinguish reality from fake.(i have looked and read many examples on here on what to look out for ie pidgeon head,batman wings etc..are a no go). Are there other things i can quickly look for on originality?.Also £50 doesnt seem like a bad price?.Thanks if anyone can help. All the best

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer belt and buckle

Mark, have you looked through the M4 makers list? There is an example of most Heer buckles that were made in there
    Ben

Hi Ben thanks for quick reply,yes i have looked through the M4 list and from what i can remember it does resemble some on there.I guess the main thing i didnt look at close enough was the head!,pretty amateur thing to miss but i was surprised he had it at all as i just asked him of the cuff if he had any German stuff and he pulled it out of a box!. Did i read right somewhere that some belts/buckles were not stamped at all?
    Mark

Quote by cornish1 View Post
    Hi Ben thanks for quick reply,yes i have looked through the M4 list and from what i can remember it does resemble some on there.I guess the main thing i didnt look at close enough was the head!,pretty amateur thing to miss but i was surprised he had it at all as i just asked him of the cuff if he had any German stuff and he pulled it out of a box!. Did i read right somewhere that some belts/buckles were not stamped at all?
    Mark
    Hello,

yes somtimes only marker on the leather tab and some later without tab and marker .

First question is what typ of buckle do you want !

Early in Alu at time to1939 or steel from 1940 and later.....?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

50 pounds is pretty cheap,so be careful! It is impossible to tell without the photos is it the real thing or not.

yellow12 thanks for the reply,i will remember that for markings.Im interested in any buckles tbh but this one if its gen has a great belt with it(alot of mould on the leather) which looks "right" with the buckle,it very much looks like its been together for a long time discarded.Im really hoping its genuine as i think 50 is a bargain for a nice b&b!

Frundsberg...i agree 50 sounds cheap but it looks uncared for,stored in a damp place with somebody not really knowing the worth of it.I didnt get pics as i didnt have phone with me,was a complete surprise to stumble upon it .

Quote by cornish1 View Post
    yellow12 thanks for the reply,i will remember that for markings.Im interested in any buckles tbh but this one if its gen has a great belt with it(alot of mould on the leather) which looks "right" with the buckle,it very much looks like its been together for a long time discarded.Im really hoping its genuine as i think 50 is a bargain for a nice b&b!
    Hello,

just a real dealer let you make fotos bevor you buy it !

Then you show us first the fotos !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175