Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer belt buckle look authentic?

Article about: Picked up this Heer belt complete with buckle. I wanted to know whether it appears authentic? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

?

Very nice set and no need to take it apart. You can see the mark in the one photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer belt buckle look authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer belt buckle look authentic?
    P
    Many

Nice buckle/tab for sure, maybe issued late for some reason? I think the belt is referred to as the M44? Fairly small belt, 85 (33.5"), had another set of holes put in the end, unfortunate...

Slightly unusual as well, most often, the extra holes are on the "other side" of the belt, meaning the wearer got skinnier as time went on.

But overall fantastic condition ;-)

Quote by kirby View Post
    Very nice set and no need to take it apart. You can see the mark in the one photo.
    The year stamp will be under the pin as in the photo I posted earlier.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Gents, be aware not all Brehmer buckles had the year stamp under the prong bar, some had none ate at all, some had the GB to the side of the prong bar near the stamping, the buckle pictured front and rear had no date stamp to it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer belt buckle look authentic?   Heer belt buckle look authentic?  

Heer belt buckle look authentic?  
    Ben

That is one very nice set. The buckle is really nice, you done well my friend.

?

You can never really never know when a EM belt and buckle were matched up unless you have matching unit markings on the belt and tab or DRP and City codes on Postschutz buckles. Officers sets with sewn on buckles are usually matched sets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2