Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer buckle by Hermann Knoller

Article about: Hello all I have smartened-up and am posting before buying. Well, maybe buying this one. I found this buckle and what appears to be matching belt at an antique shop and snapped a few pics fo

Default Heer buckle by Hermann Knoller

Heer buckle by Hermann KnollerHeer buckle by Hermann KnollerHeer buckle by Hermann KnollerHeer buckle by Hermann KnollerHeer buckle by Hermann KnollerHello all

I have smartened-up and am posting before buying. Well, maybe buying this one. I found this buckle and what appears to be matching belt at an antique shop and snapped a few pics for review. I located the exact buckle in the database (thank you guys!) and think I'm bringing a winner this time. The buckle is marked HK and the leather tab is stamped HERMANN KNOLLER and dated 1941. It appears, to me, that 40% of the original paint is still present. This being my first find of any value, I think it's beautiful. I did not take pics of the rest of the belt because the lady thought I was a nut taking pics of a belt! LOL I also seem badly in need of remedial photography lessons. Please confirm my thinking that this is authentic Third Reich Heer issue. Would $125 be too much to pay for this buckle with the belt? The belt is in fair condition. Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

Green

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer buckle by Hermann Knoller
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer buckle by Hermann Knoller

Hello,

I am not really an astute heer collector like Ben and others here but you have shown a nice matching original buckle & tab As many will likely tell you and as I've heard before myself, it's really what it's worth to you. Personally I think the price is fine and would pay that amount. Lol...I've often felt that way about taking pictures and examining the goods!

Best,
    Adam

Thank you, Adam

Thank you and I agree with you, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. I just would like to stay in the ballpark ref the amount paid. Maybe this is a rarer item and worth more, I don't have that knowledge yet, hence my asking.

Green

If a whole and undamaged belt also comes with this buckle,
    it's a very good price, IMO.

Ask if any other WWII German stuff
    came in with the belt..........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I would pay that much for it.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you, Walkwolf

The belt is worn, but whole. I hope to look that good at 70! Better yet, hope the honey looks that good at 70. She's gonna ground me for saying that! I was in Buffalo 3 weeks ago, across the Falls from your town. The economy has devastated that little town on the U.S. side!

Green

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I would pay that much for it.
    Zwerge

Thanks, you and the others have convinced me it's a good buy. I will go for it. It's at an antique shop, so I hope it's there when I return.

Green

I think you're definitely in the ballpark at $125 for the buckle/tab alone...no qualms about that. As Steve said, a pretty good deal considering there is the addition of the belt which we assume to be original. Not a "rare" piece in my view, although again heer is not a focus of mine. Ben will chime in here when he sees this

Best,
    Adam

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    It's at an antique shop...
    P.S. - Let me know if they have any SA, red cross or youth

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    P.S. - Let me know if they have any SA, red cross or youth
    Thanks again, aechols83

Suspicions confirmed, not rare. lol This was the only piece there and it was pushed to the back of a cabinet behind other items. Unfortunately, nothing else of interest. Thanks for your posts. It's funny, I always looked at antique shops as garage sales with bigger roofs. I had no idea folks rented a space and sold their wares. In a sort of way, there are 50 stores under that roof. Really neat, or I'm getting....old. Nah!

Green

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast