Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938

Article about: Hi Ben, I picked up this 1938 dated Hermann Knoller alu. buckle a few weeks back. On looking closer at it the buckle hasn't been painted field grey like the one you had. It seems to have a b

Question Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938

Hi Ben, I picked up this 1938 dated Hermann Knoller alu. buckle a few weeks back. On looking closer at it the buckle hasn't been painted field grey like the one you had. It seems to have a black/grey treatment of some sort. Have you seen this before?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938   Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938   Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938  

Last pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938  

Hi Richard to be honest I dont know what it could be, but it is a very nice buckle, good find I have seen buckles painted black before, I believe that some of the panzer crews used to paint their buckles black to match the uniform, this example is also a Hermann Knoller, the paint is not new, it does not smell and I did the acetone test on it, could be period painted by some Panzer crew or not, we will never know

Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938   Heer buckle-hermann knoller 1938  

Ben

Hi Ben, It's a strange coating on my buckle. It's very light, almost a frosting & looks factory applied.
    Nice brother of my buckle by the way. I nearly bought it when you offered it to me. Wish I had now!! Is it still available?

Cheers,

Richard.

We shall see
    Ben

That's a cool "blackie" buckle Ben.....I like it!

Rob