Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Buckle not quite right IMO

Article about: I cannot really see any blue paint... However some of the paint looks rather thick and sloppy by the feet welds....Thanks guys..... Gwar

?

Default Heer Buckle not quite right IMO

Heer Buckle not quite right IMOHeer Buckle not quite right IMOHeer Buckle not quite right IMO
    I must admit I bought this heer with another Item and I am beginning to think it is a fake.
    I believe it is of Zinc, It just doesn't feel right.. I have tried to research the "Head and beak"
    but the wings are the sticker...and the prongs, also the paint job.... Too much just not a good feeling... Gwar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Buckle not quite right IMO
    P
    Many

?

Looks like steel. Does a magnet stick to it.

It looks legit!..

?

Yes....How did that get past me ?? Zinc What was I thinking ??

?

I aslo researched a couple of threads by one of the moderators Ben Evans and came close to a maker of maybe Arld...

I can't say for certain, but it appears that the roller/prongs may be a replacement. They appear to almost have been forced into place, and don't quite match my buckle 100%...Just my observation, but I can't be certain...
    cheers, Glenn

?

bigmacglenn... So I surmise you may posess a buckle not unlike this one ??
    Did you have any findings as to any maker ??

Hi guys at work at mo but from what i can see the buckle looks like a late war Overhoff made buckle, look at the crest on the rear of the eagles head, also the ears, very similiar to the late war SS by Overhoff, I will have a better look later if I get time, but overall for me an original buckle

- - Updated - -

BTW is there blue paint underneath the green?
    Ben

I can't help w/maker, sorry...But it appears to be an original buckle...
    cheers, Glenn

Pics of a Overhoff buckle
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Buckle not quite right IMO  Heer Buckle not quite right IMO  Heer Buckle not quite right IMO 
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast