Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer DAK ctd 1941

Article about: by Mac 66 Markus, So my buckle with web tab & sand coloured paint would be North Afrika issue, "Desert Afrika Korps" = DAK Green painted buckles with web tab like yours are Bal

Default re: Heer DAK ctd 1941

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Markus,

So my buckle with web tab & sand coloured paint would be North Afrika issue, "Desert Afrika Korps" = DAK

Green painted buckles with web tab like yours are Balkans, Italy, ect issue, Which i always thought was Tropical issued to Warm Countries.

Regards Scott.
    Hi,

yes this are my thoughts . "Desert Afrika Korps" is perfect
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer DAK ctd 1941
    P
    Many

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hi,

yes this are my thoughts . "Desert Afrika Korps" is perfect

Also much rarer to find The Sand coloured DAK buckles than the Green painted Tropical buckles

Best Scott.

Chaps, just my opinion bit at the moment there is no documented evidence to which was issued to which. It makes sense to me that the lighter went to DAK and the green went to Balkens etc. If Wim Saris reads this he may have a look through his documentation and hopefully find something to back all this up, which would be nice
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Chaps, just my opinion bit at the moment there is no documented evidence to which was issued to which. It makes sense to me that the lighter went to DAK and the green went to Balkens etc. If Wim Saris reads this he may have a look through his documentation and hopefully find something to back all this up, which would be nice

Cool with me Ben

Best Scott.

?

True DAK in Sand Colour Paint Unissued

Whos The Daddy

Regards Scott.

I cry FAKE!!

(Purely because it is something that I have always wanted to say on the forum and Im jealous as f**k that you've got it! )

Seriously though, absolutely cracking buckle and belt tab Scott. Congratulations on getting them mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    I cry FAKE!!

(Purely because it is something that I have always wanted to say on the forum and Im jealous as f**k that you've got it! )

Seriously though, absolutely cracking buckle and belt tab Scott. Congratulations on getting them mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    I,ll Fake you in a minute, lol

Very Hard to find the sand coloured DAK buggers

Regards Scott.

?

Scott, a very nice buckle in exceptional good condition!
    My congratulations to this nice find.

As from Markus already mentioned, I think also that it is a tad overconfident to lock automatically a specific colour to a specific formation. I never heard from a regulation that claims specific sandy colours exclusively for the Deutsches Afrika Korps. I am also of the opinion that we have different colours from maker to maker, independent if worn in South Europe, Afrika, Balkan... . All the web tabbed buckles are just tropical ones for me!

Best,
    Guido

?

Quote by Guido View Post
    Scott, a very nice buckle in exceptional good condition!
    My congratulations to this nice find.

As from Markus already mentioned, I think also that it is a tad overconfident to lock automatically a specific colour to a specific formation. I never heard from a regulation that claims specific sandy colours exclusively for the Deutsches Afrika Korps. I am also of the opinion that we have different colours from maker to maker, independent if worn in South Europe, Afrika, Balkan... . All the web tabbed buckles are just tropical ones for me!

Best,
    Guido

Thanks Guido,

This is only my thoughts on the Sand coloured DAK buckles to blend in with desert sands, uniforms, vehicles ect, common sense really but i can be wrong & green Tropical types were also used in the desert ?

Best Scott.

?

...but i can be wrong & green Tropical types were also used in the desert ?...
    Hi Scott,

yes, I would think so. Aren't there many green tropical examples from New Zealand where DAK members were once kept as POW's? I saw you have opened a parallel thread in the WAF. Maybe we should ask there the guys from New Zealand. I know that there is the one or another guy from that location between the buckle enthusiasts.

Best,
    Guido

?

Question Asked Guido

Best Scott.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast