MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heer DAK ctd 1941

Article about: by Mac 66 Markus, So my buckle with web tab & sand coloured paint would be North Afrika issue, "Desert Afrika Korps" = DAK Green painted buckles with web tab like yours are Bal

Default re: Heer DAK ctd 1941

Whilst not a buckle collector, but a DAK/Tropical collector, I have to raise a couple of points. It does not look sand colour on my screen, more a pale green, though if you have it in the hand and it is sand colour, I would not argue with you. Early issue webbing in Africa was green and later issues tend to be a tan colour, so it would be strange that the paint on the buckle is the other way around and the webbing on this example looks tan, so it is probably a later issue (not an early issue, though not too late if it is dated 41), IMHO. Also, without a known history that it was issued to a member of the DAK, it is only tropical, and as it appears to be unissued, that seems unlikely IMHO. There is no evidence that any variations in colour of other equipment were specifically for the DAK.

Very nice buckle, but without any evidence, it is tropical and not DAK, IMHO. Certainly from examples known to have been brought back by Vets from the desert, the green examples are common and the only sand coloured examples I have seen were field repaints.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer DAK ctd 1941
    P
    Many

?

Jerry the buckle is definetly sand colour with light tan web tab,

i have owned many DAK/Tropical buckles belts before that were green painted but never one like this lovely sand coloured unissued specimen,

Thanks For Your Information, Much Appreciated.

Regards Scott.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Jerry the buckle is definetly sand colour with light tan web tab,

i have owned many DAK/Tropical buckles belts before that were green painted but never one like this lovely sand coloured unissued specimen,

Thanks For Your Information, Much Appreciated.

Regards Scott.
    Hi Scott, as I posted above, you have it in hand and if you say it is sand coloured, it would be stupid of me to disagree.

Very nice and unusual variation.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Hi Scott, as I posted above, you have it in hand and if you say it is sand coloured, it would be stupid of me to disagree.

Very nice and unusual variation.

Thanks Jerry,

The buckle is up for sale on WAF if anybody is interested,

i have a few daggers to buy

Regards Scott.

?

So the question should be answered!

Best,
    Guido

Quote by Willi Z.

Green, olive, tan, etc can be DAK/ tropical buckles and the exact color is usually linked to manufacturers' variations.
    Quote by NZMark

Mac,
    The majoritory of issued buckles to the troops in North Africa were initially 'bottle-green', then in 1941 more colour variations crept in as the contracts opened out. The colour of the webbing tongue also changed - and varied from manufacturer to manufacturer...
    Regards,
    Mark
    New Zealand

?

Quote by Guido View Post
    So the question should be answered!

Best,
    Guido

Guido Yes & Thanks To Eveyone For There Knowledge On These DAK_Tropical Buckles

Which have different variations in colour but i guess my light tan buckle matches in with the desert sand better than green types.

Regards Scott.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3