Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show

Article about: Hi, have just added this one to the collection. It was the buckle I really liked for the detail (unmarked - anyone recognise the maker?), and it's to go with an early 'walking out' type 'bes

?

Default Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show

Hi, have just added this one to the collection. It was the buckle I really liked for the detail (perhaps Aluminium or an Aluminium alloy? Unmarked - anyone recognise the maker?), and it's to go with an early 'walking out' type 'best' tunic.

The belt is unusual (marked "E" for maker? and 95 for size in cm), it's dark brown with a dark brown felt backing, and looks and feels like a high quality item. The Army used black for their belts as I understand it, and the Luftwaffe brown until 1940 when they switched to black.

Grateful for any thoughts as to whether the belt leather might be Luftwaffe (or RAD?) origin, or whether anyone has heard of the Army using non-black belts in a private-purchase/ walking-out/ 'outside of regulation' capacity? Or even re-using their old RAD belts after joining the Army, as one person suggested elsewhere.

I wouldn't want to split them if there was the slightest possibility that they've always been together...

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show   Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show  

Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show   Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show  

Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show   Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show
    P
    Many

?

in my opinion the belt should be paired with a Police buckle.. The hook is lightweight duty and the belt is brown.. The buckle is made by OLC, Overhoff & Cie, Ludenscheid, as noted by the maker mark.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show   Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    in my opinion the belt should be paired with a Police buckle.. The hook is lightweight duty and the belt is brown.. The buckle is made by OLC, Overhoff & Cie, Ludenscheid, as noted by the maker mark.. G

Hi Gwar, thank-you very much for spotting the maker, quite a faint one that I had completely missed. No maker mark was mentioned by the seller and I thought Dress buckles were usually unmarked, so that's a nice bonus!

I've added some closer pictures of the "oLc" inside the diamond, and another more square on shot of the front (without flash).

Best regards, Paul

?

On private purchase buckles like these, the maker mark of OLC has been overlooked a million times by those that glance and not visually inspect.. Not all P.P. buckles are marked of course.. Nice minty buckle.. A keeper for sure !! G

?

Very few of these Private purchase buckles are marked. I have owned at least a dozen and never had a marked one

Just to note the eagle and the depression to the rear are Overhoff traits
    Ben

TWS
    ?

I agree with Gwar. Could very well have been Polizei, but IMO Luftwaffe has a chance too. In either case, paired with the wrong buckle.

Both pieces are nice though, so good pickup!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Dav
    ?

Gwar, out of curiosity what book is that you attached an image of? Thanks

- - ------- - -

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    What is it about the eagle, specifically? Is it to do with the head? Thanks.

?

Quote by Dav View Post
    Gwar, out of curiosity what book is that you attached an image of? Thanks

- - ------- - -

What is it about the eagle, specifically? Is it to do with the head? Thanks.

Hope this helps.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Parade / Dress belt and buckle to show  

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Good to know Ben!

Thanks again all. Coming to the view that they are likely not an original pairing, but as TWS says both are nice in their right I think!

Best regards, Paul