Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?

Article about: Hello Everyone, I've been offered a Heer & Police belt buckle. Comparing them with the examples on this forums database. To my eyes, the Heer buckle looks OK ( crisp detail on the revers

?

Default Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?

Hello Everyone,
    I've been offered a Heer & Police belt buckle. Comparing them with the examples on this forums database. To my eyes, the Heer buckle looks OK ( crisp detail on the reverse, along with makers stamp). The police buckle I'm not so sure of, no makers mark, reverse detail doesn't look so sharp, but then what do I know. Can anyone help me out on these two buckles.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?   Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?  

Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?   Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer + Polizei Belt Buckles - Good ?

The Heer is a typical Christian Theodore Dicke buckle which appears to have been cleaned in acid or something, it is quite original, the police buckle has had its catch replaced not some point, not sure if period
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 09-10-2009 at 08:57 AM.
    Ben

?

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for the posting - with most of the silver wash missing from the front of the Heer buckle, does it have much of a detrimental influence on the price ?.
    Regards

?

Imo, cleaned Heeres buckle and blue finnish reaplied with thermo oxidation
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hi Ben,
    Thanks for the posting - with most of the silver wash missing from the front of the Heer buckle, does it have much of a detrimental influence on the price ?.
    Regards
    Alec, it goes without saying a buckle with its original paint will be worth more money than a buckle that has none at all
    Ben

?

Hi Ben, Dimas,
    Thanks for your posts - informative stuff. I'll give these two buckles a miss. Next week I intend to be at the military fair Reichertshofen, hope to pick up a Heer with silver wash finish buckle & Polizei buckle that's not been repaired there.
    Cheers

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hi Ben, Dimas,
    Thanks for your posts - informative stuff. I'll give these two buckles a miss. Next week I intend to be at the military fair Reichertshofen, hope to pick up a Heer with silver wash finish buckle & Polizei buckle that's not been repaired there.
    Cheers
    Alec, if you struggle to find any let me know, I know sites now where they are for sale
    Ben

?

Ben - thanks for the kind thought