Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940

Article about: Steel RSS dated 1940 on tab. With belt that is umarked or markings have worn off. timothy

Default Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940

Steel RSS dated 1940 on tab. With belt that is umarked or markings have worn off. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940   Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940  

Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940   Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940  

Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940
    P
    Many

All looks good, no doubts about that. I have found that sometimes the markings on belts can get very faint on some examples. I think some are not marked as deep as others, and the markings seem to faint away. Sometimes a little leather grease helps to bring them back, or just a very good look with a loupe if you know where to look. Are there any markings on the buckle catch? On your last pic it looks like an aluminium hook, does that match the steel buckle?

Nice combat worn, which is how I like them... I've just been asking about accentuating marks in leather. I wouldn't use "leather grease", maybe talcum would give you contrast to show the markings?

?

Default R.s.s.

A classic example of a well worn Richard Sieper & Sohn Heer....

?

Look your tab over closely, I have the same buckle with the eagle M stamp for Costal Artillery.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940   Heer Steel Buckle Richard Seiper Son 1940  

Yes Fuerbach the end iS RS&S marked can hardly make it out in picture. I think the belt might be eariler than the buckle as it does have a od painted catch in aluminum. Thanks for the tip Kirby I will look closer. timothy

Nice worn been there set
    Ben