Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)

Article about: I have a dilemma - my 80 year old Dad is an avid collector of German WWII memorabilia, but I know nothing about the subject. An acquaintance of mine is selling off a bunch of his stuff, and

sbsyncro
    ?

Default Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)

I have a dilemma - my 80 year old Dad is an avid collector of German WWII memorabilia, but I know nothing about the subject. An acquaintance of mine is selling off a bunch of his stuff, and he got this belt along with a bunch of knives (which he collects). I've spent a few hours researching the buckle, and it appears to be a Parade buckle (zinc), but it has absolutely no markings or stampings on either the buckle or the belt.

I'd love to get it for my Dad and present it to him as a gift, but I want to make sure it is collectible first, and also learn as much about the "back story" as possible.

Can anyone help me ID this belt and provide some background information?

Thanks in advance!

-Brent
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)   Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)  

Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)   Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)  

2. # ADS

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)

It´s a good thing that you posted to this forum. Wait for the experts advise. In the meantime surf around in the belt buckles gallery. Personally I think it looks a bit strange but then again I´m no expert on buckles. Welcome to the forum!

Rgds Jan

sbsyncro
    ?

Thanks! I spent several hours looking through all the pictures (including those in the Rogues Gallery) and didn't find anything quite like this one. I did find ones with pebble-grained fronts and the weird-looking catch (punched rather than soldered on). The only definitive thing I read was that if there were THREE solder points for the buckle insignia then it was a fake. This one has two...

Hopefully someone will recognize this. I think my Pop would really like it for his collection.

?

Brent, your set is a little jewel and what it makes so desirable is the shape, the material and the condition.

Basically we have here a simple privat purchase/ parade belt and buckle worn by members of the Wehrmacht - Heer! Unusual is the shape and I assume your buckle and belt must be 40 mm wide in contrast to usually 45 mm. The material is nickle silver, with silver paint on obverse.

I like it really much! 40 mm buckles are not often to see. I think it would be a worthy present for your father.
    Here are two examples from my collection for comparison.

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)   Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)  

Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)   Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)  

sbsyncro
    ?

Thank you Guido - that is encouraging news! I was concerned because it had no markings whatsoever (I have not been able to physically inspect it - I only have the pictures I included here along with his answers to my questions)

Any idea whether it is worth USD $150 (~110 Euro)

Regards,

Brent

Brent, as Guido has already stated, very nice and very desirable buckle, nice gift from your Father
    Ben

BTW Top examples Guido, a pair of cracking buckles
    Ben

Nice buckles indeed - all 'round! I think that is a super buckle for your dad! 40mm examples are quite hard to find...I too have a couple, shown here....
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)  

my twin

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    BTW Top examples Guido, a pair of cracking buckles
    Thanks, Ben!

Rob, assume your two examples are very similar to my ones!

Guys, I have the impression that Brent's variant was made by the same maker of the shown left facing 40 mm buckles and they have just changed the head. Please note this faintly raised circle around the head. What do you think?

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help ID this buckle/Belt (Wehrmacht parade buckle?)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast