Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?

Article about: Belt and buckle under £100 you cannot go wrong Pics of the DAK would be good, only problem with me is I have seen so much crap offered for sale by so called dealers it really shocked me to b

Default Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?

I like this one, but any definitive thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated chaps... and Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?   Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?  

Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?   Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?  

Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 04-09-2011 at 03:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?

Any thoughts on the leather would be good too. I'm not sure about it. It looks ok in the first shot, but in the last 2 it looks like a poorly aged repro.I guess this could be something to do with the bright lighting conditions in which the photo's were taken? I have had a go on photoshop at manipulating the 3rd photo and it appears to have the name of Carl Lucken & Co on it with a date of 1943, I can find no reference to this maker though....Bit confused...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?  

Default Re: Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?

Hi Jim, nothing wrong with the buckle, do you have a square on shot of the back? Any markings on it? It's original anyway, just trying to source the maker for you Belt looks ok to be honest, try and get me a good close up of the stitching, we will see if it is three ply thread, is it sized marked?
    Ben

Having a look at the eagle, she looks like a Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen made buckle, I have enclosed a buckle by them for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?   Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?  

Ben

Another example

Help Needed ! A bit of advice on this Heer belt and Buckle. A good one?  
    Ben

An unmarked example

Ben

Hi Ben. I thought it might be a Brehmer, I think the eagle's head is quite worn though so I wasn't sure. The guy whose selling it has told me there are no makers marks on the buckle. Unfortunately I have no head on shot from the back. He also tells me apart from the makers stamp, there is only a '95' adjacent to the rounded section on the leather belt. Will try and get some good close ups of the stitching...

Jim buckle is good mate, I believe the belt to be also, is he asking much?
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Jim buckle is good mate, I believe the belt to be also, is he asking much?
    Surprisingly little Ben, under £100 ..... at the moment!

As a foot note Ben, my local militaria dealer told me yesterday he has a DAK webbing belt and buckle coming in next week from a guy who 'doesn't want it anymore'?! I will try and get some pics for you to have a look at.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast